3 visits from bailiffs even though case has been adjourned

scole

3 visits from bailiffs even though case has been adjourned

Post by scole » 15 Mar 2018 13:44

After advice on how to proceed following a visit from a county court bailiff today and 2 previous visits to my workplace with summons for a case that was adjourned and had a stop put on it by Weston supermare county court 6 months ago. I have called the court each time and hav been assured the case is stopped. I was told today that “these things happen”.
Any advice on how I can stop these visits would be greatly appreciated as they are causing extreme stress.

Schedule 12

Re: 3 visits from bailiffs even though case has been adjourned

Post by Schedule 12 » 15 Mar 2018 15:27

If you have a document that states the enforcement has been stopped by a court order, and have a video of a bailiff attending after that date the order was made, you apply for an injunction under the Protection from Harassment Act.

You start by giving a notice of injunction to the bailiff that is pestering you and a copy to the creditor. If a bailiff re-attends, to apply to injuct the creditor and apply for indemnity costs. The creditor then sues the bailiff that attended.

Here is more: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... tions.html
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist