DCBL

Daniellecee93

#1 DCBL

Post by Daniellecee93 » 30 May 2017 23:15

In February 2011 I pulled my daughter out of her nursery and left owing money without giving 4 weeks notice. I have not heard anything further about this until last week when i recieved a first point of contact from DCBL they claim the debt owed is £1440 and £695 interest from september 2011. When asking him if there was a CCJ already made he said no. After checking my credit report yesterday I found out a CCJ of £1583 was made in march 2012 in relation to this debt to my old adress i havent lived in since 2011, i had no knowledge until no and havent recieved any paper work. I am confused to why

DCBL avoid the subject of paper work

DCBL are under the impression there is no CCJ

And why none of the amount add up

Has anyone got any advice ?

Schedule 12

#2 Re: DCBL

Post by Schedule 12 » 02 Jun 2017 22:18

Daniellecee93 wrote:
30 May 2017 23:15
In February 2011 I pulled my daughter out of her nursery and left owing money without giving 4 weeks notice. I have not heard anything further about this until last week when i recieved a first point of contact from DCBL they claim the debt owed is £1440 and £695 interest from september 2011. When asking him if there was a CCJ already made he said no.
The nursery cannot charge interest. The court has not awarded and in all probability, the nursery is unlicensed under the consumer credit act to charge regulated interest on its debts.

Check to see if the nursery is licensed to charge interest.

http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.forc ... rchPageNew

After checking my credit report yesterday I found out a CCJ of £1583 was made in march 2012 in relation to this debt to my old adress i havent lived in since 2011, i had no knowledge until no and havent recieved any paper work. I am confused to why
You can apply to set aside the judgement because the address of the defendant (you) is wrong. You need to pass a three limb test.

• If you were unaware of the debt, and

You acted with reasonable promptness when you learned of the debt, and

have reasonable grounds to defend it, then:

DCBL avoid the subject of paper work
When a bailiff is not forthcoming with evidence of the debt, that is compelling evidence the bailiff knows there is something non-compliant with it. Otherwise, there is no need to be combative.

DCBL are under the impression there is no CCJ
Then they knew there is no enforcement power.

And why none of the amount add up
DCBL exaggerate their fees. In your case, there arent any. No enforcement power.

Has anyone got any advice ?
Kill the judgment. Here is how. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... r-HCEO.htm and disregard the writ element of the procedure.

It's going to be out of time by March next year anyway. I think DCBL is trying its luck and the nursery has no idea DCBL is trying it on.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk