Marstons complaint!!

Kaybenny88

#1 Marstons complaint!!

Post by Kaybenny88 » 29 Jan 2018 19:56

Hello,
I recently experienced a me Ben bishop from marstons at my property, it was one of the worst experiences with a bailiff I have encountered! A long story short I had a magistrate fine for a traffic offence in 2013 I've been paying it monthly (benefits) for some reason no fault of my own they stopped the payments without informing me of this, this lead to a visit for collection of payment I spoke to mr bishop via my window to say he was rude was an understatement he also lied! I rang the police as soon as I had discussed why he was there just to get some advice on what rights myself/me bishop had? Moving on he was coming back the next morning (never came) and I managed to get through to the fines office at the magistrate to explain that the situation was no fault of my own and they could see if paid for the last 4 years?? Anyway they apologised and said they would accept payment in the same form and they would cancel the bailiff. When explaining what happened she told me to put an official complaint in so I did... I have just received a letter back from marstons basically defending his behaviour and saying unfortunately they cannot retrieve his body cam footage so because they can't investigate allegations fully would I accept £50 as a good will gesture to end my complaint?? I'm send the cheque back as I feel it's not the outcome I wanted this man left my 9 yr old son in floods of tears after telling me I was being arrested he refused to tell me his full name or give me his employer id (all on the call to police) lied to police about the things he said & did and threatened me that he would clear my flat out and I better get on the phone and get a payment sorted!! There's more he was vile and quite threatening! im wanting to take this further as I feel he has got away with his behaviour he shouldn't be allowed to intimidate people like he did! I've done some research on mr bishop and im not the first he's done this too can anyone advise me if I have a chance of taking this further or where/who I would need to speak to in regards to this??
Many thanks

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Marstons complaint!!

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Jan 2018 01:20

If you turned down a token offer of £50 then that could undermine any further remedy - unless you can show a loss.

I know it's not much. But if the bailiff company wants you to sign a non-disclosure agreement then you can ask for £500.
I'm not a solicitor, but I work as a paralegal for solicitors bringing cases for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

Kaybenny88

#3 Re: Marstons complaint!!

Post by Kaybenny88 » 30 Jan 2018 13:23

Thanks for your reply I'm not too fussed about the money side of it to be honest I just want to make sure this man is dealt with efficiently and doesn't get away with doing this to someone else. I want to take my compliant to the right place I just don't know where??

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Marstons complaint!!

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Jan 2018 14:42

Complaining about a bailiff achieves very little. If you really want to hurt them, then hit them where it hurts. In the pocket.

If you have a cause of action then bring a claim on moneyclaimonline . The bailiff has to swallow the cost of defending the claim no matter the outcome.

For bailiffs and their lawyers, money is a big deal for them,
I'm not a solicitor, but I work as a paralegal for solicitors bringing cases for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist