TFL PCNs Equita.

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
ccharliee

#1 TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by ccharliee » 31 Jan 2018 17:30

Evening,

I have recently appealed two PCNS for red routes with TFL both were denied and I received no paperwork and were told they were on hold until receiving a notice from Equita, one was appealed as I was in the vehicle and pulled over on a red line whilst a broken down vehicle obstructed the road with no way of moving, and the other as the PCN was fixed on the vehicle but the envelope was not sealed and it was missing which left me being sent a PCN for the higher amount, again this was placed on hold and I did not hear anything back until Equita got involved, both had out of time applications put in and were denied with no reason given, I am now being chased again by Equita who sent me out letters last week with dates more than 5 days prior to receiving them which doesn't seem correct, someone attended today whilst I was at work and has hand delivered me a letter for one of the PCNs and not both and has slapped on another £235 for attending and delivering this letter which is an outrage's amount just for posting a letter and I am sure this was capped to a certain amount.

I have had one letter sent to me on 18/01/2018 and the other on 08/01/18 both arrived some time after the printed dates and every time I have attempted to call them I have been left on hold and once I got through to one person they refused to discuss it and said I have to wait to speak to an enforcement agent when the case is taken over.

Any advice on the next steps would be appreciated as I don't begrudge paying for the PCNs it is only the amount they have escalated to.

ccharliee

#2 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by ccharliee » 31 Jan 2018 17:46

In addition I have spoken to the 'agent' and offered to make payment for the £513 but have asked to spread the payments out as I do not have the full amount currently as I have to pay the other amount also, he has refused saying that is not an option and hung up on me, for the record I was nothing but polite to him.

ccharliee

#3 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by ccharliee » 31 Jan 2018 18:05

He refused to accept any payment so I paid the Equita payment via them directly and they have provided me with a receipt of payment.

ccharliee

#4 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by ccharliee » 31 Jan 2018 18:22

He also told me he has a warrant which I am not entitled to see unless I call the Police to him to have it checked, he refused to comment on if it was signed or not and just said it was an electronic warrant.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by Schedule 12 » 01 Feb 2018 10:02

The law says the bailiff must show evidence of his ID and authority to enter premises.

The authority to enter premises is a power conferred under the warrant.

The warrant does not confer a power to break entry. He can only enter quietly through an unlocked door.

The law says:

• 26(1)The enforcement agent must on request show the debtor and any person who appears to him to be in charge of the premises evidence of—
    • (a)his identity, and

(b)his authority to enter the premises.

(2)The request may be made before the enforcement agent enters the premises or while he is there.
Not a solicitor. I am a paralegal for solicitors bringing proceedings against non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

ccharliee

#6 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by ccharliee » 01 Feb 2018 14:11

I have since paid the debts off for what was 'owed' and I am now being threatened and chased for enforcement fees, yet this person went to an address I am not a tenant of and I have never met him, he claims he just left a letter and that's what the payment is to cover, surely once the debt is cleared that's the end of it?

Schedule 12

#7 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by Schedule 12 » 01 Feb 2018 14:45

He will eventually move on. NEVER reply to anything.
Not a solicitor. I am a paralegal for solicitors bringing proceedings against non-compliant enforcement action.

ccharliee

#8 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by ccharliee » 01 Feb 2018 15:03

He is claiming to attend the property if payments are not made and I have a car sitting there which is difficult to relocate to anywhere else due to the type of area so he will find it easily not sure where I stand with this.

Schedule 12

#9 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by Schedule 12 » 01 Feb 2018 15:27

If the debt is paid, then the enforcement power has ended.

The bailiff is taking a risk by taking control of goods without an enforcement power. It usually costs them more than its worth.

ccharliee

#10 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by ccharliee » 01 Feb 2018 16:40

He has since been again tonight, he has grabbed my leg to force a letter through the door, and an already paid enforcement notice he has reissued with his fees attached only.

Schedule 12

#11 Re: TFL PCNs Equita.

Post by Schedule 12 » 02 Feb 2018 05:46

If he grabbed your leg then he commits common assault. Report it to police on the non-emergency number.

What is the bailiffs name. I'll see if he has done this before