Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Tell us how you beat the bailiffs.
Schedule 12

#1 Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 23 Jun 2014 11:03

Last year, tomtubby from the CAG forums went round the internet making defamatory posts directed at me on a number of websites. The motive for this behaviour was believed to be an effort to discredit me and DWB.

All but one of the websites tomtubby has been posting on cooperated and removed the material as requested, but one particular website resisted my requests.

I approached the webmaster again to remove the offending material, which was rebuked with a list of questions. I repeated the request, this time to the hostmaster who said I should contact the webmaster.

I issued the crime number given to me by police and made an application to court to make over the name and address of the webmaster (court fee, £400) Order was granted without a hearing

I wrote to the webmaster at home with requests to remove the material from his website. All were ignored. I applied for an Order to remove which was granted without a hearing. I instructed a process server and she visited the respondent at home and explained the material must be removed from his website according to the order. The material remained on his website past the deadline set by the court.

I notified the hostmaster of my application and they responded by taking their website offline until the webmaster – who was at work at the time - agreed to remove the material from his website. The website was restored a few hours later when this was done.

I applied for an order for my court fees to be reclaimed from the respondent. This application was unsuccessfully defended saying the website is owned by a Ltd Company and therefore has limited liability. This defence was dismissed on two grounds:

1. The webmaster is a person and not a company whom the order to remove was directed.

2. A crime number has been issued by the police in connection with the matter and criminal matters cannot be subverted by hiding behind a Ltd company.

The order remained unpaid, but I was out of the country so I instructed a solicitor to apply for a charging order on the respondent.

Yesterday morning, interim charging order was granted, and the final charge is expected to be defended.

It is not known whether the webmaster will pursue tomtubby for damages, but at the time of her posting the material on his website, her home address was not known to me.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Hithard

#2 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Hithard » 23 Jun 2014 11:40

Are you allowed to name the site? (Just because I'm a nosy bu**er).
Descendite ne illegitimi

Andy

#3 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Andy » 23 Jun 2014 13:03

Well done Sir.
2nd Year University Law Student.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 23 Jun 2014 13:45

Not unless the website itself does.

It's not complete yet, but the legal arguments weren't so much about the material posted, but more to do with a belief that by holding a Web forum in a Ltd company protects the administrator from liability.

This case indicates it does not, and the attacks were made against me personally than against DWB.

KayMoose
aka Sheila Harding

#5 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by KayMoose » 07 Jul 2014 09:14

jasonDWB wrote:Last year, tomtubby from the CAG forums went round the internet making defamatory posts directed at me on a number of websites. The motive for this behaviour was believed to be an effort to discredit me and DWB.

All but one of the websites tomtubby has been posting on cooperated and removed the material as requested, but one particular website resisted my requests.

I approached the webmaster again to remove the offending material, which was rebuked with a list of questions. I repeated the request, this time to the hostmaster who said I should contact the webmaster.

I issued the crime number given to me by police and made an application to court to make over the name and address of the webmaster (court fee, £400) Order was granted without a hearing

I wrote to the webmaster at home with requests to remove the material from his website. All were ignored. I applied for an Order to remove which was granted without a hearing. I instructed a process server and she visited the respondent at home and explained the material must be removed from his website according to the order. The material remained on his website past the deadline set by the court.

I notified the hostmaster of my application and they responded by taking their website offline until the webmaster – who was at work at the time - agreed to remove the material from his website. The website was restored a few hours later when this was done.

I applied for an order for my court fees to be reclaimed from the respondent. This application was unsuccessfully defended saying the website is owned by a Ltd Company and therefore has limited liability. This defence was dismissed on two grounds:

1. The webmaster is a person and not a company whom the order to remove was directed.

2. A crime number has been issued by the police in connection with the matter and criminal matters cannot be subverted by hiding behind a Ltd company.

The order remained unpaid, but I was out of the country so I instructed a solicitor to apply for a charging order on the respondent.

Yesterday morning, interim charging order was granted, and the final charge is expected to be defended.

It is not known whether the webmaster will pursue tomtubby for damages, but at the time of her posting the material on his website, her home address was not known to me.
This all sounds like a fairy story dreamed up in wonderland.

Even this part is suspect:

"I instructed a process server and she visited the respondent at home and explained the material must be removed from his website according to the order". Process servers do not discuss an an order that they are serving. Their role is just to ensure that an important document is personally served.

If material if on the internet that you don't like then just join the queue of the thousands of people making requests to Google to remove offending items.

There are treatments available from the doctor for OCD. Whether they would work for 'Tomtuuby Obssessional Disorder (TOD) is another matter.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Pote Snitkin » 07 Jul 2014 09:20

It is now so blatant! Hope you are.... sorry, I mean tomtubby is.... no wait, I was right the first time - I hope you are saving your penniesto contribute to that bill. Cash only though, no cheques.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#7 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 07 Jul 2014 09:38

I wonder if she has signed up any shill posting names on this board....

KayMoose
aka Sheila Harding

#8 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by KayMoose » 07 Jul 2014 09:44

The very same pattern again.
When difficult questions are raised, insults are thrown. Please JASONDWB just address the query.

Schedule 12

#9 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 07 Jul 2014 10:04

Yes, it is the same pattern. We've seen this all before. It's now time you went back to the CAG forum. You've had your bit of fun now

Schedule 12

#10 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 08 Jul 2014 08:47

KayMoose wrote:
Even this part is suspect:

"I instructed a process server and she visited the respondent at home and explained the material must be removed from his website according to the order". Process servers do not discuss an an order that they are serving. Their role is just to ensure that
The role of the process server is to serve documents on someone so there is no question about safe delivery. I used this method to prevent a set aside application on the grounds the defendant was unaware of the proceedings.

The procedure included

1. Identify the defendant and get him to confirm his name.
2. Hand the order document to him.
3. Read aloud to him the nature of order
4. be sure he understands it (according to a test of capacity)
5. Make a sworn statement of the above and file it at court.

There is a charge for this but it's reclaimed from the defendant.

jj89

#11 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by jj89 » 29 Jul 2014 10:44

What exactly are you achieving with these court cases. People who hate you will just hate you more and people who love you will still love you

Schedule 12

#12 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 29 Jul 2014 12:22

The order got the website taken down until the webmaster complied with the order. I go after the hostmaster because my money is safe as its easily recovered and they hand over the IP number of the proxy used which identifies the ISP.

If tomtubby goes posting my details all over the Internet then it's at her own risk. I am finding more historic posts by her and are being added to the complaint.

TT has also been identified assisting someone commit a blackmail threat against me and the police have accepted my complaint as a crime. If the police want to visit TT and ask why she posted my details around the internet, then that's their prerogative. I handed over her emails where she admitted doing so. Somerset police also hold details in connection with malicious comms offences

We are currently speaking with and taking statements with a number of hosting companies and BT retail in identifying the origins of a number of blog posts and reposts of the same. It all takes time because I have to do it myself. - and if I encounter an uncooperative hostmaster or ISP, I only have the slow court process to apply for an order. The police won't do this otherwise obtaining the information would be instant. The police issue the crime number to enable me to approach companies and authorities to make over information to prove my complaint and support applications at court for an order.

When it's all done, a court will decide who pays my costs.

Can I ask what your interest in this is? As a new user, this is the second time you have questioned my reasons for making a complaint to police.

jj89

#13 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by jj89 » 29 Jul 2014 13:13

At the moment it is purely an academic study of personality traits/types of people who use internet forums. It is quite interesting that there seem to be some common traits that run through various owners/mods/admins . I think the easiest one to describe is NPD

If you are as busy as you say you are then why spend so much time and money on what seems like two people , one of whom by your own admission seems to have very little and who you know has serious mental health issues. I suspect that if it were reported the correct way it is you that would come out of this looking very bad.

Of course getting the site taken down does depend to some extent on where the site is hosted

LouiseN

#14 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by LouiseN » 31 Jul 2014 11:29

Jason, I am not a 'spoof, poster and I was not happy to be labelled as such when I posted my query about Jacobs (now in the Flame Pit).

This headline grabs attention I grant you that. From reading many posts on here in the past couple of days there is a issue with you about personal information that 'tomtubby' posted on the CAG forum. I read a 'blog' entry by 'tomtubby' on Sunday that was very interesting indeed and it identified the actual post number that you wanted removed. It had personal information that had been posted by you on your own Linkedin page (which means that it must have been 100% accurate). From reading her Blog there is little doubt that the information posted had already been released by you and was already in the public domain. How can it be possible for you to say that it was defamatory? Even on your Linkedin page you confirmed that you are the author of the Dealing with Bailiffs website but that you are known by a false name.

If you dont like what was posted by 'tomtubby' why post so much information about your business on your own Linkedin page?

More importantly, if you don't like what is posted why waste limited police resources? Why can't you make an application to 'clean up your internet history' by applying to Google? Apparently nearly a million people have done the same in the past month.

Also, why are you keeping it a secret about which website owner had been landed with a bill for £1,600? It looks like its' CAG.

LouiseN

#15 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by LouiseN » 31 Jul 2014 11:33

I have a link to tomtubbies 'Blog' page on my computer. It is so revealing.

Anyway, how could 'tomtubby' possibly remove an offending post from the CAG forum. She wouldn't be allowed to remove posts. It would be impossible for her.

Schedule 12

#16 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 31 Jul 2014 12:08

I'm not interested in what tomtubby says in a blog. She has tried for years to close DWB. It's not going to happen.

As for many names, we know of over thirty of tomtubby names used for making troll and spoof posts.

If tomtubby can't edit her own posts then that's not my problem. She can email the site administrator to take it down, then send me their refusal reply and I can make an application to court against the hostmaster and have them take it down.

She wouldn't like if i posted her mugshot and personal details around the Internet. I don't stoop that low. Besides I don't think her husband or children would be too pleased to know what she has been up to all these years and running a hate vendetta on the Internet.

Something tells me that is only a matter of time before they find out.

Schedule 12

#17 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 31 Jul 2014 12:16

LouiseN wrote:
More importantly, if you don't like what is posted why waste limited police resources?
I'm not the one committing a criminal offence therefore I'm not the one wasting police resources.

It was necessary to report it to police so I can get a crime number. This allows me to obtain information from government agencies and Internet companies and ask them to deposit it with the police and enable me to identify the source. Web site administrators are not so cooperative.

I think its best you return to the CAG forum. Your presence here is obviously not seeking bailiff help. You are the latest of many tontubby trolls suckered into fighting her battles.

Amy
Admin

#18 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Amy » 31 Jul 2014 12:39

Another one for the banned list for using a proxy. Any genuine poster with a problem would not use a proxy.

Goodbye.

Schedule 12

#19 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 31 Jul 2014 12:42

Busted!

Amy
Admin

#20 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Amy » 22 Aug 2014 10:09

LouiseN and greenlantern are one and the same.

Schedule 12

#21 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 22 Aug 2014 10:54

I remember greenlantern causing trouble a while ago.

Andy

#22 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Andy » 22 Aug 2014 11:49

Mr 60 minutes, I remember him.

Schedule 12

#23 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 22 Aug 2014 12:23

I remember the name but I don't remember the nature of trouble he caused. I think Amy cleared it up.

Andy

#24 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Andy » 22 Aug 2014 12:26

He came on a spam'd the entire forum with some rubbish about 60 minutes to comply or Armageddon was going to be unleashed. He was removed and the world went back to being normal.

Schedule 12

#25 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 22 Aug 2014 12:36

I had a trouble maker spamming DWB with a denial of service attack last year. Not the same guy then.

Amy is better at cleaning out the trolls. It leaves me to deal with the members bailiff problems.

Davies735

#26 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Davies735 » 22 Aug 2014 16:23

Hello.
I am a new poster and just posted on the forum a moment ago about the abhorrent and loathsome way in which this forum have posted a copy of a private phone message left on Jason's phone bysomebody. The person who called Jason was this person called Tomtubby.

Jason and this site seem to have a real obsession with this person. If this story about a website getting a judgment for £1,600 is worth writing about why have you chosen to keep it a secret which website you are talking about. Doesn't make any sense to anyone.

Schedule 12

#27 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 22 Aug 2014 16:32

Another one from the CAG forum.

I posted the voicemail here because it is only fair that people know what sort of person they are dealing with when she creeps up and pounces on them at the CAG forum. Quite frankly I found her voicemail to be a rude, disgusting and vulgar. There will be more later today. She told me not to email her yet she emails my friends, and when they are ignored, she gets others to pester her with more emails and nuisance calls.

She is out to cause trouble and is not wanted here.

Davies735

#28 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Davies735 » 22 Aug 2014 16:56

Jason, if the lady called you then she must have wanted to speak with you. But posting a copy of a personal telephone message is something that should never happen and has to be a data protection offence. I have sent details of this thread as well to my ex brother in law at the FCA office.

If this lady told you not to email her then dont. Simple, but you seem to be trying to justify your abhorrent actions of publishing a copy of a personal telephone message because this lady sent an email to a personal friend of yours. Some bloody justification mate.

Notice your words...rude, digusting and vulgar. Time to look in the mirror Jason.

Mark1960

#29 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Mark1960 » 22 Aug 2014 17:01

For an innocent, gullible debtor who simply logged on to obtain a template letter a few months ago, you certainly seem to know a lot about Jason, TT & this site in general.

If you're going to try spoof posts, at least try to be a bit more imaginative or possibly exercise a small amount of intelligence. Don't just post once about a ficticious court fine & dealings with Excell followed less than 30 mins later by a sequence of posts connected purely to the bitchfest. My God, some of you "Caggers" are immensely dense-Do you really, in your wildest of dreams think that anyone will believe you're just some random debtor?

Davies735

#30 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Davies735 » 22 Aug 2014 17:12

jasonDWB wrote:Another one from the CAG forum.

Quite frankly I found her voicemail to be a rude, disgusting and vulgar. There will be more later today.

She is out to cause trouble and is not wanted here.
I think the person who is out to start trouble is you mate. Cor blimey.

If you are dealing with bailiff problems all day then I would be bloody surprised that you of all people could ever think that the lady's voicemail could ever be considered 'rude, disgusting or vulgar'. This forum and you especially need to take a serious hard look at how stupid you are making yourself look.

So, are you going to let everyone see a copy of this letter from the OFT?

No mate, not connected with the lady or that forum. I see that everyone who disagrees with you or dares to question you suffers the same fate.

You will know from another post that I am not happy to read the contents of two letters (one from Excel and the other from the Ministry of Justice) that criticise you and this forum. I would haved liked to discuss the letters with you but after reading that you have posted a confidential telephone message from this lady to you on the forum I would not want the same to happen to me. Because I have a relative (ex one but still like a friend to me) who works at the FCA I am not stupid enough to post copies of letters on forums and that was why I would have wanted to discuss the contents with your personally.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#31 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Pote Snitkin » 22 Aug 2014 17:53

Mark1960 wrote:For an innocent, gullible debtor who simply logged on to obtain a template letter a few months ago, you certainly seem to know a lot about Jason, TT & this site in general.

Also one who lost their original log-in details and had to create another account.

As transparent as pissed on tracing paper.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#32 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 22 Aug 2014 18:00

Certainly not a DWB client. Genuine clients are not interested in TT and all that, except when TT stabs them in the buack. The Manchestergate case is a perfect example. I'm going to leave that for the claimant to explain.

Mark1960

#33 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Mark1960 » 22 Aug 2014 18:22

Heres a challenge:

Davies-I doubt very much if Jason receives a Christmas card from Excell. I also doubt whether they would have anything nice to say about him. Posting their comments on here would not do any harm, so lets have a look at this letter that you claom to have.

Jason-The way I am reading this thread, I am interpreting it as you have a charging order against a webmaster. If true, I would be interested in viewing a copy of the order. Surely there would be no harm in posting this up?

Schedule 12

#34 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Schedule 12 » 22 Aug 2014 18:36

Its still litigation in progress because its being challenged despite a retracted offer to settle. I can do one better, I'm about to run the procedure all over again on CAG (servicing on Bytemark Ltd). I've asked for a take down and my request is refused by Mark Gander unless I have a police officer make the request, so let's have a judge do it and we can maintain a members area thread of the progress. It can't be in the public area of the board.

I did agree to the judge not to disclose because it would cause damage to his business reputation, but the order does nor require non disclosure.

I've never had any direct contact with Excel. As far as I am aware they are not concerned about what I do, or the presence of this board.

Amy
Admin

#35 Re: Tomtubby lands webmaster with £1600 legal bill

Post by Amy » 22 Aug 2014 20:04

IP match anyone...?