Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Tell us how you beat the bailiffs.
gumtreegirl

#36 Re: Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Post by gumtreegirl » 03 Nov 2014 21:08

Thanks for moving us Amy!

Ok so I sent the following letter to the council with proof of postage and also to Collect Services for their information plus the CEO of the council -

FORMAL COMPLAINT

Re: Penalty Charge Notice Number:

I make this formal complaint because I received a bailiff letter this morning from the company acting on your behalf collecting the aforementioned road traffic debt.

There is no valid warrant for this ticket, therefore all enforcement must cease.

Please note, the authority is liable for its bailiff company so it is not my duty to "contact the bailiffs" or to "deal with the bailiff" on your behalf. There is no contract between myself and your enforcement contractor that has been approved by me.

If you are unable or unwilling to resolve this complaint in full then please clearly mark your response letter with the words FINAL RESOLUTION and I will ask the Local Government Ombudsman to intervene.

Yours faithfully

CCs:
The CEO of .................., for information only.

I have attached a letter they sent me today. I have no idea if this is in relation to the letter I sent them or whether they would have sent it anyway.
There is no valid warrant out for this PCN, it expired in October and I have an email from the TEC confirming this.
Can Collect do what they say in the letter?
Thanks again
GG
collect letter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schedule 12

#37 Re: Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Post by Schedule 12 » 03 Nov 2014 22:35

Its a dead head letter. They are about to bin your case as unenforceable. Its only sent when all else has failed.

Park it.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

gumtreegirl

#38 Re: Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Post by gumtreegirl » 12 Nov 2014 11:28

Thanks a lot Jason, this has just come through the door, is this the same situation?
20141112_112358.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schedule 12

#39 Re: Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Post by Schedule 12 » 12 Nov 2014 11:36

Its a fruitcake letter. Regulations don't provide for debt collectors to buy expired PCNs and offer discount for early settlement.

Any money paid goes in their pocket.

[afraud][/afraud]
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

gumtreegirl

#40 Re: Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Post by gumtreegirl » 23 Nov 2014 23:19

Result!

Today I returned home to a letter from Kingston Council to say on further investigation and having discussed the matter with Collect Services both parties find the case settled and closed.

After 18 months of fighting this is a huge weight off my shoulders and I would like to say thank you so much for all your help Jason, Amy and everyone else who took time to give their input.

I really don't know how to thank you enough, would you like to choose a charity and I will make a donation?
GG

Andy

#41 Re: Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Post by Andy » 23 Nov 2014 23:36

Contratulations!
2nd Year University Law Student.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#42 Re: Expired Warrant Bailiff still turning up

Post by Pote Snitkin » 24 Nov 2014 08:01

tumblr_lpw8rcXVls1qdslbvo1_500.gif
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.