The Bailliffs Have Withdrawn - My Story

Tell us how you beat the bailiffs.
vittoriea12

#1 The Bailliffs Have Withdrawn - My Story

Post by vittoriea12 » 31 Mar 2016 12:55

Hi everyone,
I thought I would post this up on here as a bit of help for anyone who might be in the position I was in.

About a year and a bit ago I was contacted by the HCE regarding an old debt I had (honestly) forgotten about. I set up a monthly payment plan after being threatened with a locksmith (and stupidly falling for it!). I struggled - but continued - to pay the monthly fee up until a month ago, when I started doing some serious research. I knew there were rules in place for those considered vulnerable, but I didn't know how to implement them, with the minimum amount of stress.

I have a very complex health condition, and am on benefits (which qualified me for their definition of vulnerable). After doing some more research, I came on here. I asked a lot of questions and asked for much advice; and the information I kept getting was "they won't respond to your letters, you must apply to the court to have the writ put aside", or "they will screw you around." Now, whilst I've no doubt that is probably true in many cases, I knew that if I started messing around with court paperwork I would end up getting myself stressed out and ill (I have migraines and such if I am too stressed). I decided to try the easier option to begin with, and contacted HCE. They said they would want proof of my vulnerability claim, and I gave them two different doctor's letters, within which each stated my condition.

About two weeks past, and today I have received a letter via email stating that the matter has been closed, and the client is withdrawing from the case. The exact words are "we can confirm that our client has instructed us to withdraw from this matter and no further action will be taken to enforce the writ. Our file is now closed".

I have phoned them asking for a letter in the post to confirm this, and they have been more than happy to do that - I should get it in the next few days.

I wanted to post this up on here as a lesson to all - dont' go by what everyone else says all the time; even if they are experts, they will get things wrong. Sometimes HCE can be absolute arses, but they do have to abide by some laws. Before you spend hundreds in court, if you can, try all the other options first.

That being said, thankyou to everyone on here who tried to help; I know you can only offer the advice you have tried and tested yourself, and I do appreciate it.

coffeepot

#2 Re: The Bailliffs Have Withdrawn - My Story

Post by coffeepot » 24 Apr 2017 17:27

Sorry but what does HCE stand for?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#3 Re: The Bailliffs Have Withdrawn - My Story

Post by Pote Snitkin » 24 Apr 2017 17:38

High Court Enforcement, or HCEO (officer) or more accurately HCEA (agent).

Schedule 12

#4 Re: The Bailliffs Have Withdrawn - My Story

Post by Schedule 12 » 24 Apr 2017 17:46

coffeepot wrote:
24 Apr 2017 17:27
Sorry but what does HCE stand for?

Its a company called HCE Group. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04527630
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

coffeepot

#5 Re: The Bailliffs Have Withdrawn - My Story

Post by coffeepot » 26 Apr 2017 19:09

thx :)