Enforcement fee

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
janisb

#1 Enforcement fee

Post by janisb » 30 Dec 2017 00:26

I got an sms (and a call, but wasn't able to answer) from Rundles that they're coming to collect debt (I hadn't set up paying council tax) tomorrow (Saturday, 30th Dec), I've already paid the council tax + the compliance fee through their website. Do I still have to pay the enforcement fee, too? It seems a bit unclear, if I have to pay it after the 7 days or when they actually try to visit (no idea when that is, since I'm on holiday and haven't seen the notice). I wasn't able to call them back, since it was too late when I saw the text. Also I think my landlord rented out part of my flat on AirBnB during Christmas, so I'm worried there might be someone who lets them in, should I just pay the fee or are they not allowed to visit if I've paid everything else?

It's bit unclear here - http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/ba ... l-fees.htm

Also who the hell sends a notice during Christmas and a visit right before New Year's...

janisb

#2 Re: Enforcement fee

Post by janisb » 30 Dec 2017 00:31

Ok, just checked and there's no one in the flat atm, so they shouldn't be able to get in.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#3 Re: Enforcement fee

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 Dec 2017 11:38

If you've paid the debt and the compliance stage fee then no, they should not be making a visit. Some bailiffs like to pretend they can charge the next fee if the debt isn't cleared by the date they've stated - this is incorrect. They can only charge the fee once a visit is made. Contact them to update them.