Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
talwaar

#1 Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by talwaar » 21 Feb 2017 20:16

Hi

We got into arrears with our council tax and was referred to Bristow & Sutor (B&S) with whom we have a payment plan in place. We have already paid 50% of it off and recently due to a personal matter there was a financial setback to which we called in and advised them that our payment is going to be late and requested a later date for payment.

Come the day before the payment an Enforcement Agent visited my home and left a letter through the door to call him on the same day. I called him back and said that i was surprised by his visit when clearly I had called in to explain the situation. I could not believe the turn the call took just after me saying this!! I was told that i was a liar and 'boohoo' to my personal situation, he made racist remarks addressing me as, 'you people', telling me that i was 'disgusting' and 'thick' repetitively and 'slow' in every department! I was extremely shocked by all this, he continued to shout and yell at me over the phone and wouldn't let me get a word in edge ways. I kept myself calm and collective and did manage to say to him that i have been very polite and am speaking very calmly to you but there was no stopping him. All he kept saying was that he wants all the money tonight or the latest at 9am in the morning. I MANAGED TO RECORD THE TELEPHONE CONVERSATION!! We are considering filing a complaint to the court regarding the Agent by filing the EAC2 Form. Would this be an ideal route to go down?

We made a visit to the Council today to discuss his behavior and they have reset the plan and told us to complain to B&S directly about their agent.

The monthly payments are still way too high even after telling them that we are on Working Tax Credits and are struggling to pay such a large sum monthly. It initially was spread over 12mths and we requested it be reduced as we are expecting a baby later this year. They refused to reduce the payments, i also requested that they bring the debt back from B&S so that i could pay the council directly due to how we were treated by the agent but they still refused.

Any help and advice would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Talwaar

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by Schedule 12 » 21 Feb 2017 20:31

Can you email me a copy of the recording jason (at) dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk and I'll tell you whether there is any mileage in making a complaint about the bailiff.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

talwaar

#3 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by talwaar » 21 Feb 2017 21:16

Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply. I have emailed you a copy, I started the recording a couple of minutes into the conversation.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by Schedule 12 » 21 Feb 2017 22:08

I'll have a look in the morning

talwaar

#5 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by talwaar » 22 Feb 2017 23:36

Thanks Jason look forward to your reply.

talwaar

#6 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by talwaar » 27 Feb 2017 13:26

Any help and advice would be highly appreciated.

Schedule 12

#7 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by Schedule 12 » 27 Feb 2017 14:02

Iv'e listened to the recording. The bailiff is an obstreperous nutcase and you remained calm throughout. He isn't dangerous or a pervert, so I don't think its EAC2 material.

I think you are better to give the recording to the council and ask for more time to pay.

The racist comments can be used to persuade the council to comply with guidelines, because the recording can otherwise be used by the media to discredit the integrity of the council and the bailiff company.

The government issued councils with guidelines saying councils must protect debtors from punitive repayment arrangements imposed by bailiffs. Guidelines published by the Ministry of Justice say bailiffs must not coerce debtors into making payments they cannot afford. You can ask your local councillor or the Local Government Ombudsman to compel the council take back control of the arrears.

http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Co ... o_pay.html

talwaar

#8 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by talwaar » 28 Feb 2017 17:19

Hi Jason

Thanks for your reply.

I think I will speak to our local councillor instead of our local council as they weren't very helpful and just brushed us off and wasn't interested in listening to the recording.

I will update you as soon as I have spoken to our local councillor.

Thanks
Talwaar

NickP

#9 Re: Bristow & Sutor Agent Abusive & Racist Call

Post by NickP » 01 Aug 2017 07:24

Whoa! Seriously? If really racist make a police report. This is the UK and we dont accept such nonsense.