BRISTOW & SUTOR. MUCK UP?

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
dawnpeggy

#1 BRISTOW & SUTOR. MUCK UP?

Post by dawnpeggy » 16 Mar 2017 00:55

Hi,

Urgent advice needed.
My mum had a call from Bristow & suitor yesterday stating an enforcement officer was going to visit sometime this week.
Mum fell behind with her council tax to the sum of £650 back in 2014 and managed to pay it off £25 per week. She used the Bristow and Suitor website to make these payments and we have the email receipts still so can prove this debt has been paid.
She is retired and survives on the state pension and is in receipt of pension credit so gets helps with her council tax. She pays her council tax religiously now over the phone using the automated system. I'm wondering if the council have her down as paying full amount when she doesn't have to. She has said she gets a breakdown of the council tax for a year and it states something that is not the full amount.
Could she still owe money for her council tax to Cheshire east/Bristow and Suitor and not know about it? Or are Bristow and Suitor really that bad they still have my mum down as owing money when she's paid it off?
Luckily I still live at home and I work from home so I will be around when they turn up eventually. What rights does she have or any advice please?

jasonDWB

#2 Re: BRISTOW & SUTOR. MUCK UP?

Post by jasonDWB » 16 Mar 2017 07:42

The council won't see any of that money paid into the bailiff company's website. It will go missing, misadministered or its handling fees.

You can take these steps to protect yourself: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ex ... liffs.html

Run this Beat the Bailiffs checklist: http://beatthebailiffs.org/Council-tax-bailiffs.html

You mum may well be in a class of vulnerable persons. He may not have to pay any fees. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... eholds.htm
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#3 Re: BRISTOW & SUTOR. MUCK UP?

Post by Pote Snitkin » 16 Mar 2017 08:23

Contact the council to ask if there are any arrears.
It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. - Benjamin Franklin

On 22/2/17, Peterbard said "taking control of goods and selling them does not actually mean taking control of goods and selling them." Discuss.

dawnpeggy

#4 Re: BRISTOW & SUTOR. MUCK UP?

Post by dawnpeggy » 16 Mar 2017 09:31

Sorry I'm being really thick now I think but if the money has gone towards their fees or been misadministered does that mean the council won't know the money has actually been paid? I've told my mum to contact the council and find out if there is any arrears.
I'm actually really angry about this because mum is a 66 year old single lady who doesn't work or claim any benefits she isn't entitled to. She lives if state pension. Bristow and Sutor are basically harrassing her. She doesn't have anything of value they can take because everything is in my name or on credit.
Thanks for the advice though a d I will follow the links you've provided.

jasonDWB

#5 Re: BRISTOW & SUTOR. MUCK UP?

Post by jasonDWB » 16 Mar 2017 09:59

Bristow has an MO to accept piecemeal payments and when an audit is made years down the line, it discovers money going missing over a long period of time. It's usually small amounts, but cumulatively substantial.

You need to get out the spreadsheet, go through historic bank records and unravel it all. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/co ... liffs.html
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here