Friend having issues with Jacobs

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
skyegurl

#1 Friend having issues with Jacobs

Post by skyegurl » 25 Mar 2017 00:27

Hi,

So I am trying to help out a close friend of mine, she has had a problem with the council suddenly deciding that she wasn't eligable for some tax support and backdated her overpayments. This is the subject of an ongoing legal dispute and appeal with solicitors and what not getting involved with a court date.

However all of a sudden she has had letters out the blue, handwritten by Jacob's bailiffs threatening to remove her stuff, she has had no notice of enforcement or anything these letters showed up today and basically say they will be back tomorrow. She has spoken to the CAB and has done the standard lock the doors and windows (even though they have to be let in), her car is parked in my drive across down blocked in my mine and stuff but honestly aren't they supposed to provide a notice of enforcement before they send their goons around.

I have been doing some research and they seem to be acting out of regs, whats worse is the council claim to have no idea that Jacob's so-called Baliffs are involved so something fishy is going on, I am wondering if this may be a rogue baliff or something

Any ideas, I am considering getting the police involved

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: Friend having issues with Jacobs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 25 Mar 2017 07:00

She doesn't have to let them in - there is no forced entry for council tax. They can only enter through an unlocked door or if you let them in.

As long as her car remains on your drive it's safe.

Even if Jacob's sent a NOE it is likely to be non-compliant, not giving the required 7 clear days notice.

Don't bother dealing directly with them - the council remain liable for all actions its bailiffs take. Report all of this to the recoveries manager at the council.

Could you post up a copy of the handwritten letter? Should be good for a laugh. (Cover any personal details).
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#3 Re: Friend having issues with Jacobs

Post by Schedule 12 » 25 Mar 2017 09:04

skyegurl wrote:
25 Mar 2017 00:27

Run this Beat the Bailiffs checklist. (ask your friends to): http://beatthebailiffs.org/Council-tax-bailiffs.html
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

skyegurl

#4 Re: Friend having issues with Jacobs

Post by skyegurl » 25 Mar 2017 17:02

jasonDWB wrote:
25 Mar 2017 09:04
skyegurl wrote:
25 Mar 2017 00:27

Run this Beat the Bailiffs checklist. (ask your friends to): http://beatthebailiffs.org/Council-tax-bailiffs.html
Thanks Jason,

Spoken to her today, Jacob's haven't shown up, the Baliff is registered and the handwritten notice just says Liability Order and three reference numbers for 3 debts coming up to around 1200, although most of them are frozen pending an appeal.
s
Anyway I have found out my friend has a blue badge on her car which additionally protects it and the next door neighbour is happy to park it in her drive as opposed to the street (far closer than mine), also she is vulnerable due to MH and mobility problems (she is on DLA) so this should classify her as Vulnerable.

I called the Bailiff and he doesn't seem to care to be honest, but we plan to visit the council on Monday to sort this out since the council are still claiming ignorance of Jacob's being involved.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: Friend having issues with Jacobs

Post by Schedule 12 » 26 Mar 2017 10:04

You must keep the blue badge in the window and take a photo showing the badge in the window and the number plate.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

skyegurl

#6 Re: Friend having issues with Jacobs

Post by skyegurl » 26 Mar 2017 13:28

jasonDWB wrote:
26 Mar 2017 10:04
You must keep the blue badge in the window and take a photo showing the badge in the window and the number plate.
Already done :-)