This is making me crazy

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
Mindless

#1 This is making me crazy

Post by Mindless » 26 Mar 2017 23:54

Council tax debt

A little background- I'm a single mother awaiting confirmation of income support due to becoming my disabled mothers carer and now living with her. Due to my mum worrying and her state of mind she has only today given me a letter from bristows about an "enforcement visit warning " given to her (but for me) on 23/3/17. Apparently they're coming tomorrow according to her, reading for the last 8 hours on different forums and pages my head is screaming. Am I right in thinking they can't come tomorrow it should be 7 days from the 23rd? Also as she is a vulnerable person I can't quite gauge if they entered the house or stayed on the doorstep, will this matter when they come back? Does it mean I have to let them in? If not can I just tell them I want it referred back to the council and will make payments though them? I have a tonne more questions but don't want to whittle on in my first post!!! Any help greatly appreciated

GDB

#2 Re: This is making me crazy

Post by GDB » 27 Mar 2017 07:39

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Whilst I understand this is an upsetting experience for you, these letters are all very common. The letters are designed to make people panic etc, first and foremost your Mum would be classed as vulnerable so you are a vulnerable household.

I would make sure you know who is at the door before you answer it, keep it locked at all other times.

You can approach the Council and explain the circumstances / position your are in and ask them to take it back from the enforcement company - by letter as it leaves a paper trail.

There is a Council Tax Enforcement check list, Jason will probably put up a link in a short while.

We will be back tomorrow, locksmith etc is scare tactics all designed to put the dear of God into you.

How much is the debt for?

You are welcome to ask questions - that's what we are here for.

Mindless

#3 Re: This is making me crazy

Post by Mindless » 27 Mar 2017 08:07

Thankyou, on the letter they left it states £1106.72, have to leave for school run now so have told my mum to ignore if anyone knocks. Will try and ring the council as soon as they open and ask them to take it back.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: This is making me crazy

Post by Schedule 12 » 27 Mar 2017 08:26

Mindless wrote:
26 Mar 2017 23:54
Council tax debt

A little background- I'm a single mother awaiting confirmation of income support due to becoming my disabled mothers carer and now living with her.
I speak from personal experience. My mother is disabled and I manage all her affairs. The stupidity of it, I bought her a new car to give her independence. By the time her disabled badge finally arrived, she was no longer able to drive due to deteriorating eyesight. So I know the ineptness of the authorities when it comes to disabled people.

Due to my mum worrying and her state of mind she has only today given me a letter from bristows about an "enforcement visit warning " given to her (but for me) on 23/3/17.
What address is on the letter?

It's unclear whether this is your mums address or your address.

Apparently they're coming tomorrow according to her, reading for the last 8 hours on different forums and pages my head is screaming. Am I right in thinking they can't come tomorrow it should be 7 days from the 23rd?
The letter you describe does not appear to be a statutory Notice of Enforcement (NOE). It should look like this: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014 ... edule/made

Bailiffs may not take control of goods until seven clear days excluding postal days and Sundays has lapsed.

The document you describe does not count for anything.

Also as she is a vulnerable person
Is she the debtor?

Your post is not clear on who the liable person actually is. It suggests it is you and you may live elsewhere. It's hard to give accurate advice.

I can't quite gauge if they entered the house or stayed on the doorstep, will this matter when they come back?
No.

Does it mean I have to let them in?
No.

NEVER let them in!

If not can I just tell them I want it referred back to the council and will make payments though them? I have a tonne more questions but don't want to whittle on in my first post!!! Any help greatly appreciated

See if this checklist answers any common occurring questions: http://beatthebailiffs.org/Council-tax-bailiffs.html
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Mindless

#5 Re: This is making me crazy

Post by Mindless » 27 Mar 2017 09:03

Hello, the debt is mine from my previous address, I moved with my children into my mums just over 2 months ago to help out, just got out of her that she didn't let him in, he did say that he wanted payment by 8pm that night, said if he hears nothing from me will be back today at some point.

Mindless

#6 Re: This is making me crazy

Post by Mindless » 27 Mar 2017 09:04

Can I attach a picture of the letter he left for me here?? With name and details blanked out

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#7 Re: This is making me crazy

Post by Pote Snitkin » 27 Mar 2017 09:18

Go for it.

Mindless

#8 Re: This is making me crazy

Post by Mindless » 27 Mar 2017 09:35

IMG_1647.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.