Council tax bailiff letter

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
Confused.com43521

#1 Council tax bailiff letter

Post by Confused.com43521 » 04 May 2017 21:59

Hi all,

New here and just hoping to find out some advice about a recent letter through my door from a Jacobs debt service

It's nothing to do with myself it's for my brother and his now ex partner for council tax payments,

Is was hand posted in an open envelope it is in both there names but has my address, the letter states the address which the debt is for

My brother has not lived here for gone 5 years now and his partner has never lived at this property

The letter states that bayliffs and removal officers will attend in 24hours between 7am-5pm or to ring a number to get it resolved

Where do i stand with this as it has nothing to do with me or this the household I live in

Any advice welcomed

Thanks
A

Confused.com43521

#2 Re: Council tax bailiff letter

Post by Confused.com43521 » 04 May 2017 22:11

One is for £700-odd the other is for £900-odd

jasonDWB

#3 Re: Council tax bailiff letter

Post by jasonDWB » 04 May 2017 22:35

It will come to nothing. When the bailiff turns up, starts recording everything on video, and show the bailiff some photo ID and the bailiff will leave you alone.

Do not give your brothers address, never admit he is your brother. Just ask the bailiff to quietly leave. If he does not, carry on recording and ask anyone to call police on 999 reporting a robbery in progress. Keep recording.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here