Newlyn Final Notice of removal

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
SEK123

#1 Newlyn Final Notice of removal

Post by SEK123 » 05 Jun 2017 15:16

I received a letter through my door from Newlyn stating that it is a final notice of removal, and that if I do not pay outstanding balance within 5 days they will return and remove goods, even in my absence. This is for council tax arrears. I have been paying my arrears, however the letters just keep on coming.

Newlyns bailiffs have never been in my house so don't automatically have right of re-entry. I have known up until this letter that they could not enter my house and take goods, however I am not sure whether this last letter means that they can now enter my house.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: Newlyn Final Notice of removal

Post by Pote Snitkin » 05 Jun 2017 16:22

No, they cannot enter. What they mean is they can take control of anything of yours outside the property, ie car, bike, rare garden gnomes.
It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. - Benjamin Franklin

On 22/2/17, Peterbard said "taking control of goods and selling them does not actually mean taking control of goods and selling them." Discuss.

SEK123

#3 Re: Newlyn Final Notice of removal

Post by SEK123 » 05 Jun 2017 16:38

Phew - thought that was the case. I always make sure doors and windows are kept shut and my car (worth £200) is kept out of the way. There's nothing of any worth outside my house - sadly not even any rare garden gnomes!!

Edd

#4 Re: Newlyn Final Notice of removal

Post by Edd » 05 Jun 2017 18:51

Remove stuff even in your absence? Isn't that classed as theft?

jasonDWB

#5 Re: Newlyn Final Notice of removal

Post by jasonDWB » 05 Jun 2017 19:34

The Bailiff must inventorise it. Too risky for bailiffs to go inside an unattended property because it leaves them wide upon to be accused of stealing the jewellery box.

A TV documentary program tried it on a bailiff leaving an empty property (camera rigged) with an unlocked door with valuables inside. The bailiff tried to get police to accompany but was refused. The bailiff left without nicking anything.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here