Urgent help needed coming back at 11am

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
Sjhett85

#1 Urgent help needed coming back at 11am

Post by Sjhett85 » 19 Jul 2017 07:37

Hi everyone just wanted abit of advice please just so I know what is the right info please.

Back in april my partner let in a bailiff for a very old council tax billl (1st big mistake I know) but I was in the bath.
I had been made bancrupt since this bill and they had taken my name off the bill but because my husbands name was also on the bill it still stood.
The bailiff stated he was making note of goods and if we didnt make monthly payments of x amount they could come back. Bear in mind I was in the bath and kids upstairs so he said he couldnt come upstairs yet the list he wrote mentions wardrobes etc which obv would have been upstairs.
We made the first two payments but admittedly I completely forgot the third and the bailiffs were back again threatening to come through the door.
I rang council they sorted out a payment plan which again I was keeping to but have missed last two payments.
Anyways bailiffs turned up again today and I have to pay £500 by 11am or they will remove goods.

The bailiff stated today these terms which I would like to know if true. I know I have to pay the money as I broke agreement thats not the issue.

-He said hire purchase goods and finance cars can now be removed if payments are being made on them.
-we are a vunreble household which he said meant nothing apart from he has to be nicer and take a gentler approach.
- he said my tv attached to the wall and other fixtures and fittings could be removed.
- he said he could take anything from my childrens rooms that didnt look owned by them.

Was he correct?

Also they have changed my controlled goods agreement are they allowed to do that?
Collage 2017-07-18 23_56_21.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Urgent help needed coming back at 11am

Post by Schedule 12 » 19 Jul 2017 10:30

Sjhett85 wrote:
19 Jul 2017 07:35

-He said hire purchase goods and finance cars can now be removed if payments are being made on them.
The bailiff will end up with a ridiculously massive bill. One bailiff company took the gamble and lost. The y ended up paying costs. They have spent more money not by defending the claim, but by wriggling over the costs.

-we are a vunreble household which he said meant nothing apart from he has to be nicer and take a gentler approach.
The bailiff cannot take control of goods if the vulnerable person is alone.

In any event, the bailiff cannot recover fees from vulnerable people.

Here is more: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... eholds.htm

- he said my tv attached to the wall and other fixtures and fittings could be removed.

A TV fixed to a wall is worthless. It will cost the bailiff more to dispose of it then sell it without the stand.

In any case, its fixed to a wall, so its "non-movable" goods. The bailiff will end up having to pay the replacement cost of the goods.

One bailiff company tried to wriggle by saying the value of the goods is the goods they are sold at auction for. That has failed at court. The owner is allowed to recover damages which are what he pays to replace them along with all other special damages.

- he said he could take anything from my childrens rooms that didnt look owned by them.

Was he correct?
No, he is not correct.

They have no material value. He was just messing you about.

Also they have changed my controlled goods agreement are they allowed to do that

The controlled goods agreement is not valid unless it complies with ALL of these. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013 ... on/15/made

In any case, they cannot be doctored after the agreement is made.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk