Bristow and sutor enforcement

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
Morgan8080

#1 Bristow and sutor enforcement

Post by Morgan8080 » 04 Aug 2017 11:03

Bristow and sutor
We broke the agreement after they set the payment too high we skinted ourselves to pay £700 in one go. They agreed to look at a different payment plan as the car is in my name and that was their leverage before

After some arguing and me proving car was in my name they agreed to Remove it from controlled goods agreement, I sent message to them 20th July asking what my payments would be , they tried calling they said but I was on holiday and I got back to a letter last night saying he wanted goods or money in full. I said there is nothing on the controlled goods agreement other than tv and bedside drawers and he hung up on me.
I called office and they won't discuss it they said it's the enforcement agent who has to deal with it and I wasn't allowed to talk to a manager as they were fully trained to deal with it.
I proposed £80 a month payment which is more than they'd make removing some drawers and a lamp but no one will discuss it and the enforcement agent is very uncooperative and rude!!!
What on earth do I do

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Bristow and sutor enforcement

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Aug 2017 08:11

Contact the council.

The Department for Communities and Local Government has published an official document called the Guidance on Enforcement of Council Tax arrears. See This Document. On page 8 it provides for a local authority to return the account from bailiff administration and allow you to propose a repayment schedule you can afford.

Clause 4.4, if a bailiff is trying to force you to make payments you cannot afford then you can write to the council asking them to comply with the above guidelines and follow clause 4.5 by exercising its discretionary right to return the account to town hall control as a gesture of goodwill to protect you from further punitive action by the bailiff.

Bailiffs must not pressure a debtor to make unrealistic offers, paragraph 24 of the Taking Control of Goods, National Standards 2014.

This template letter will help you get started, it gives all the above regulations and gives the council an opportunity to avail itself to them and proposes a repayment of the arrears at a rate you can afford. Alternatively, you can use this letter courtesy of Mark1960 or this letter

The law says you have a statutory obligation to pay council tax liability, but there is actually nothing in legislation that requires you to trade with a council tax bailiff company. You are perfectly entitled to write to the council telling them the bailiff is being refused access to your goods and ask the council to contact you again when the council tax account has been taken out of bailiff administration. This letter by Mark1960 should do it.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Edd

#3 Re: Bristow and sutor enforcement

Post by Edd » 06 Aug 2017 18:38

Plenty of social media clips which openly show how their agents allegedly operate...it takes a few brave people to film, fecord and expose some of their tactics. To make a buck..What becomes increasingly apparent is that they don't necessarily like being filmed? Yet some carry CCTV themselves....you couldn't make it up.

Edd

#4 Re: Bristow and sutor enforcement

Post by Edd » 06 Aug 2017 18:40

* record...^

Yet another big rip-off more are becoming aware of and rightly so. Ordinary people who don't expect not least deserve the BS these people think is...fair? Just and civilised.