URGENT HELP PLEASE - Jacobs Enforcement

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
Aviacom

#1 URGENT HELP PLEASE - Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Aviacom » 23 Sep 2017 09:12

Hi,

To save me typing out a whole reem of the story, I have included yesterday's chat transcript that I had with Jacobs yesterday.

This relates to a liability order from early 2014 that I've been paying.

I need help on where do I stand, what do I do please? I don't want to pay the fees, and there is not controlled goods agreement in place as it's been addressed to my mothers house as a 'Care Of' address for me as I won't give them my real address.

Chat is as follows;

[Jacobs Agent] Welcome to Jacobs WebChat. How can I help you?
[Customer] Hi, I have received a final notice letter from you
[Jacobs Agent] Your arrangement defaulted due to a missed payment in August. Can you pay £50.00 by 12/10/2017 and resume £25.00 per month from 12/11/2017?

Customer] I have just come out of hospital after a severe shoulder injury, so I'm not able to make a payment until 1st October, and as I'm awaiting a benefits decision then I can only afford £25 on the 1st

[Jacobs Agent] Can you pay £25.00 01/10 and then £25.00 per month from 12/10?
[Customer] And then thenormal £25 thereafter
[Customer] No, if you read my previous message, I'm awaiting a benefits decision
[Jacobs Agent] We cannot reset your arrangement whilst you have arrears outstanding.
[Customer] So I can afford £25 on the 1st then £25 a month thereafter
[Customer] Give me a detailed tailed breakdown of the amount inc all fees
[Customer] ??
[Customer] Hello?

[Jacobs Agent] Your total amount to pay was £527.92; you have paid £225.00 and have £302.92 left to pay. You have incurred a Compliance Fee of £75.00 and an Enforcement Fee of £235.00.
[Customer] What's being Enforced?
[Customer] There is no controlled agreements in place
[Customer] So, minus the fees, what is the balance?
[Jacobs Agent] An Enforcement Fee is not incurred when a Controlled Goods Agreement is in place. It is incurred when an Enforcement Agent visits the property.

[Customer] No agent has visited Ed this property in Sawtry, unless you can prove otherwise by way of satisfactory evidence please?
[Customer] Which address have they been been To?
[Customer] Minus the fees, what is is the balance?
[Customer] By my maths its £22 left
[Jacobs Agent] An Agent visited the property on August 22nd 2017. The balance to pay is £302.92.

[Customer] I can assure you're you no agent visited. Do you have photographic evidence to support the visit?
[Customer] Please answer my request, minus the fees, what is the balance?
[Jacobs Agent] In order to disclose all information regarding your account, you would need to submit a Subject Access Request. You would also need to call our office on 0151 650 4800 to make a payment of £10.00. The fees are part of the debt. Your total balance to pay is £302.92.

[Customer] Unfortunately there has been no proof of the visit, no paperwork left, etc, therefore until such is provided then I will NOT pay the £235. And in law you cannot enforce the payment of such. I shall pay the £22 today and that will be my final payment.
[Jacobs Agent] A broken arrangement letter was sent to you on July 17th 2017, the Agent visited your property on August 22nd 2017 and left a letter also. you can pay £22.00 today however receovery action will continue whilst your debt is outstanding. Is there anything else you require today?

[Customer] Which letter was left and where?

END OF CHAT

SO, WHAT NEXT??

Aviacom

#2 Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE - Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Aviacom » 23 Sep 2017 09:20

I forgot to mention that I have been diagnosed with High Spectrum Aspergers Syndrome and am on the full rate of Disabilty Benefit. Does this class me as vulnerable??

My mother (66 years old) and her house, she I'd registered disabled too and in receipt of state pension and disability benefits.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#3 Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE - Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 23 Sep 2017 11:09

Pay the £22. Get your doctor to complete a MALG form to confirm your disability and send it to Jacobs and the creditor. Inform both now that you are doing this ASAP.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Aviacom

#4 Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE - Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Aviacom » 23 Sep 2017 19:26

What is a MALG form please?

Where do I get it from?

Does it cost for a doctor to complete it?

What does it do to the Council and to Jacobs?

Thanks in advance

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#5 Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE - Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 23 Sep 2017 23:28

On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#6 Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE - Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Schedule 12 » 24 Sep 2017 11:27

If you are a vulnerable person then the bailiff cannot recover fees.

http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... eholds.htm.

Regulation 12 of the Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk