Jacobs chasing fees after council tax has been paid

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
Tomo45

#1 Jacobs chasing fees after council tax has been paid

Post by Tomo45 » 26 Sep 2017 23:16

Am wondering if anyone can help me, A Jacobs Enforcement Agent attended my house and left a hand delivered letter, wanting 310 pounds due to unpaid fees for debt type, council tax.

The council did get a liability order against me for the unpaid council tax, I paid the full amount directly to the council, this was about 5 months ago,

The enforcement agent in his letter acknowledges that the amount outstanding is only for the unpaid fees to them.

My question is can they remove goods or my vehicle parked outside?

Previously they have never been inside my home and I have just not opened the door to them, I am worried they may take my car.

Once the debt is paid can they still enforce for there fees, is there anyway I can avoid paying there fees or get them written off?

The money I paid was directly to the council and not to Jacobs

Hope it makes sense, any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanx

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Jacobs chasing fees after council tax has been paid

Post by Schedule 12 » 27 Sep 2017 09:49

Tomo45 wrote:
26 Sep 2017 23:16

My question is can they remove goods or my vehicle parked outside?

Legally no. But the reality is they will try. You must cover your back and issue a "Paragraph 59 Notice" telling the bailiff the debt is paid and the enforcement power has ceased. If the bailiff takes a subsequent enforcement step he is liable for everything that follows.

Template.

Previously they have never been inside my home and I have just not opened the door to them, I am worried they may take my car.

Once the debt is paid can they still enforce for there fees, is there anyway I can avoid paying there fees or get them written off?
They cannot be written off. The bailiff can sue for the £75 compliance stage fee if it was raised to a date before you paid the council, but the £235 cannot be recovered using Schedule 12 enforcement unless the bailiff takes you to court for it. That has already been tried, but the bailiff lost the claim because the court decided he did not have locus standi to bring the claim on behalf of his employer.

The money I paid was directly to the council and not to Jacobs

Hope it makes sense, any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanx

It depends on the level of risk the bailiff wants to take. For the sake of £90 commission on the £310 fees, he is at risk of months of court proceedings over his head, which he will never get paid on and the bailiff company will have to fund the cost of defending the claim.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Tomo45

#3 Re: Jacobs chasing fees after council tax has been paid

Post by Tomo45 » 30 Sep 2017 00:41

Thanx for that, will do