Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
upnorth62

#1 Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by upnorth62 » 21 Oct 2017 12:57

Hi guys
Hope you are all well . just as i thought i put my last problem from council to bed (please see "doubting liability order" post) I have got something new out of the blue again ,however rather than the council taking the money from my benefits this time i have a council demand from AGILISYS COLLECTION. . just a final bill with no breakdown of fees or time in previous property , as i mentioned before in previous post my property haD stayed empty for a long time. the collection agency are keeping the bill basic and showing no more than what i owe ,with no dates or inventory.
Do i go down the same route as before and ask for original papers as "mr snook advised,"as this is first ive heard from this
and if so , who do i approach , council or collection agency?
As always thanks in advance
Regards
Carl
p.s. you need a donate button

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by Schedule 12 » 21 Oct 2017 13:01

Approach neither.

They are debt collection company and there is no contractual relationship between you and them.

If you owe the council money, they will tell you about it.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#3 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by Pote Snitkin » 21 Oct 2017 13:03

Why would the council use a debt collection agency rather than bailiffs? Sounds like they have no liability order.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

upnorth62

#4 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by upnorth62 » 21 Oct 2017 13:15

Thats good news .

im just worried that the collection agency will pass it back to council and i start the process over again when council make benefit deductions
As letter states
"Failure to arrange to pay this debt could result in referral to an Enforcement Agent,and
the Enforcement agent may visit your property to recover the balance you owe,
or our client may apply for direct deductions from your earning or benefits"

I have faith and trust in your good judgement ,and ill sit it out an ignore it
many thx
Carl

upnorth62

#5 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by upnorth62 » 21 Oct 2017 13:17

Why would the council use a debt collection agency rather than bailiffs? Sounds like they have no liability order.

Possibly because of the help i received from here last time round

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by Pote Snitkin » 21 Oct 2017 13:22

upnorth62 wrote:
21 Oct 2017 13:17

Possibly because of the help i received from here last time round
But if they cannot gain a LO then clearly you don't owe anything. It implies they are chasing you for a debt they know you don't owe. I'd be inclined to make a complaint to the CEO of the council.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

upnorth62

#7 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by upnorth62 » 21 Oct 2017 13:31

Heres me thinking a collection agency is a bailiff i wonder how many others fall for this
But if they cannot gain a LO then clearly you don't owe anything. It implies they are chasing you for a debt they know you don't owe. I'd be inclined to make a complaint to the CEO of the council.
Thanks ill keep it in mind .

Schedule 12

#8 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by Schedule 12 » 21 Oct 2017 14:59

The council can get a liability order even they don't know the defaulter's address. They can use a 'confident' address, but enforcement will fail is it is not compliant with schedule 12 especially the requirement to give notice under paragraph 7.1.

It is possible they have used a common debt collector to trace the defaulter, who phishes a list of possible addresses by sending demand letters and sees whether any address contacted gets a reaction.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

upnorth62

#9 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by upnorth62 » 23 Oct 2017 13:07

Im sorry to be back so soon , but just received this e-mail this morning,im lost for words. Someone has really got it in for me at the council .Although if i receive another bill/s from collection agencies i should be ok.,as i already have one from Agilsys collection for £1200 .recieved this week.I think a complaint is definitely on the cards to the council CEO.

Dear Mr Brotherton

Thank you for your recent email.

I can confirm a request has been sent to the DWP to cancel the attachment of your benefit and this should be done soon if not already.

I am unable to send you a refund as your account is not in credit. In fact you have £3838.94 outstanding from other years. Any credit sent from the DWP will be offset against your arrears.

Please ensure all replies are sent to ctax.enquiries@manchester.gov.uk as replies to my personal email address will not be answered.

Kind Regards

Rose Elphick
Revenues Officer
----------------------------
Revenues and Benefits Unit
Manchester City Council
PO Box 147
M15 5TU

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#10 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by Pote Snitkin » 23 Oct 2017 16:09

Do you have arrears for that amount?

upnorth62

#11 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by upnorth62 » 23 Oct 2017 16:30

Certainty not , as mentioned before the house stood empty and uninhabitable (flood ) for many years and i just used the house for address purposes until sold near 3 years back.I sofa surfed and live with girlfriend at this time.I got a feeling the other bills will arrive through collection agency ,although they got a cheek withholding the money on a said debt when the previous debt was null and void anyway .
maybe i should sit it out and see how the bills come ?

upnorth62

#12 Re: Agilisys collection .council tax demand

Post by upnorth62 » 23 Oct 2017 16:45

In fairness i did not tell the council the house was empty for that time ,and really should off , and it will be difficult to prove this to them .esp now i sold the property.