Jacobs Enforcement

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
LYTTMAB

#1 Jacobs Enforcement

Post by LYTTMAB » 04 Dec 2017 17:00

Hi (new to this)
Just an hour ago a man dressed in full black combat gear (not joking that's what he had on) came to my door. He said the council had issued a liability order for council tax (which I've not had). I knew I was two months behind but I've not had any liability order. He wanted £924 which Ive obviously not got. He said I could have until the end of December to pay this if I paid a £100. He took my debit card out of my hand, although he wasn't rude I felt that was very unprofessional. It all seemed a bit dodgy as in has he stored my card details? I just don't know what to do or how I can find £824 to pay it? Any advice welcome. I'm not disputing I owe it but I never received any liability order as I'm not that stupid I'd ignore one. I'd of just tried to catch up with the council on payday! TYIA for any advice!

actiononcio

#2 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by actiononcio » 04 Dec 2017 19:37

Hi There I work for a charity that could help you, we can look at getting the bailiff under control for you, check out our website and feel free to PM me if you want me to contact you. www.actionon.org

John The Baptist

#3 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 04 Dec 2017 21:52

actiononcio wrote:
04 Dec 2017 19:37
Hi There I work for a charity that could help you, we can look at getting the bailiff under control for you, check out our website and feel free to PM me if you want me to contact you. www.actionon.org
Your website is a crock of shite.

Please go away.

John The Baptist

#4 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 04 Dec 2017 21:58

LYTTMAB wrote:
04 Dec 2017 17:00
Hi (new to this)
Just an hour ago a man dressed in full black combat gear (not joking that's what he had on) came to my door. He said the council had issued a liability order for council tax (which I've not had). I knew I was two months behind but I've not had any liability order. He wanted £924 which Ive obviously not got. He said I could have until the end of December to pay this if I paid a £100. He took my debit card out of my hand, although he wasn't rude I felt that was very unprofessional. It all seemed a bit dodgy as in has he stored my card details? I just don't know what to do or how I can find £824 to pay it? Any advice welcome. I'm not disputing I owe it but I never received any liability order as I'm not that stupid I'd ignore one. I'd of just tried to catch up with the council on payday! TYIA for any advice!
Firstly, you would have had a notice from the council informing you that you had 7 days to pay the tax. Then you would have had a summons. After that, you should have had notification that a LO had been issued and then finally, you should have received a notice of enforcement. It's not just one letter but 4 - Are you claiming you had none of these? In which case, have you moved address?

In order to help you, it is advisable that you are entirely honest. Bear in mind also that most bailiffs are filming themselves so any accusations need to be accurate.

If you are bothered about your card details, you need to cancel them and ask for a new card to be sent out to you. This will invalidate any card details the bailiff has

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#5 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 04 Dec 2017 22:13

John The Baptist wrote:
04 Dec 2017 21:52
actiononcio wrote:

Please go away.
There's a few errors on there but I can't see what the huge problem is.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/h ... 50540e5a3d - False alarm, it wasn't him. Maybe next time.

John The Baptist

#6 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 04 Dec 2017 22:19

Pote Snitkin wrote:
04 Dec 2017 22:13
John The Baptist wrote:
actiononcio wrote:

Please go away.
There's a few errors on there but I can't see what the huge problem is.
I didn't say there was a huge problem.

I think that we both know that (s)he knows less about enforcement than we do yet (s)he is suggesting the OP makes contact via PM.

As far as I'm aware, this is a forum, not a platform to provide idiots with a passage to PM facilities.

LYTTMAB

#7 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by LYTTMAB » 05 Dec 2017 07:19

I had the missed payment letters but no final or liability letter. That's the truth. I've recently moved to a property which is gated and I don't think RM are delivering all my mail. I've had to complain about this already. I've also had a few Amazon parcels go missing which never happened at my old address. Again if I had the liability I'd of known to ring them. I didn't get it, it's my fault entirely for not keeping up I do t dispute that. I just wanted some advice on how to approach the company with a plan to pay because I don't have £824 and I'm not exactly rolling in money that's why I'm late paying it in the first place!

LYTTMAB

#8 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by LYTTMAB » 05 Dec 2017 07:22

I did actually have advice from a debt advice charity who have told me don't let them in. Contact them in writing, send payments and if they dispute what you can pay just by visiting, ignore them and keep sending the payment eventually they will go away or it'll be sent back to the council. As basically if you do t allow them in they have no powers to do anything?

John The Baptist

#9 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 05 Dec 2017 09:37

eThe council really should have contacted you after they obtained the LO. Although there is no requirement in law to do so, guidance states that the council should contact the debtor to inform them that the LO has been obtained AND to determine the best method of recovery. Usually, if the debtor responds, an attachment of earnings/benefits is used.

If you didn't receive any notice from the council, I would write a complaint to them stating this. State that you would have contacted them/dealt with the issue at that point in order to avoid incurring unwanted and unnecessary bailiff fees. As the council did not give you an opportunity to contact them or furnish employment details, you ask that they now do so with a view to setting up an attachment order (you cannot do this if you are self employed) Ask that the case be taken back, all bailiff fees removed and an attachment set up. State that you consider the council's failure to contact you to be maladministration.Ask that enforcement be suspended whilst your complaint is being considered. Send a copy of the letter to Jacobs.

Regarding the bailiff visiting. it is true that they cannot force entry and you do not have to speak with him or open the door to him. If you have anything of value outside, this may be at risk ie a car. If you chose not to let him in, I would be inclined not to pay anything to anyone. Stick the money that you would have paid into an ISA. By paying him or the council, you risk your money being allocated to bailiff fees (the £75 compliance fee will already be taken from the £100 you paid) The bailiff will eventually give up and return the debt to the council. When he does this, his fees will be removed from your account in any case and you will be free to offer the council the money that you have in the ISA and then the balance (if there is any) at a rate that is affordable to yourself. Out of desperation, the bailiff will threaten you with imprisonment for not paying. This is laughable, not possible and should be ignored.

actiononcio

#10 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by actiononcio » 05 Dec 2017 09:53

[interpleader][/interpleader]
John The Baptist wrote:
actiononcio wrote:

Please go away.
We are a charity set up to help people and feel that your response is the problem not me trying to offer advice. I feel that offer advice in private and taking an individuals circumstances in to account is the way to deal with things not generic advice that can be found anywhere on the internet. I offered free advice and the opportunity that we can deal with the bailiff for this person, you have simply stated facts and this will not solve the situation.

John The Baptist

#11 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 05 Dec 2017 10:01

actiononcio wrote:
05 Dec 2017 09:53
John The Baptist wrote:
actiononcio wrote:

Please go away.
We are a charity set up to help people and feel that your response is the problem not me trying to offer advice. I feel that offer advice in private and taking an individuals circumstances in to account is the way to deal with things not generic advice that can be found anywhere on the internet. I offered free advice and the opportunity that we can deal with the bailiff for this person, you have simply stated facts and this will not solve the situation.
If you want to offer advice, do so on the open forum, if not do one. We don't exist to pave the way for you to hijack threads.

And I have forgotten more about bailiffs than you will ever know.

I have stated the 2 possible scenarios, firstly a complaint of maladministration due to the council's failure in not ascertaining the debtor's suitability for an attachment.

Secondly, I have told the debtor the way to avoid bailiff fees IF (s)he decides to not let the bailiff in. The advice that the debtor received from another so called charity was incorrect.

Either one of my scenarios will solve the situation you fool. All you will do is help negotiate an affordable repayment plan that will include the bailiff fees. My ways will do that and ALSO remove the bailiff fees.

John The Baptist

#12 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 05 Dec 2017 10:42

I've never read such a load of crap in my life. Here are a few mistakes and inaccuracies from the crock of shite website:
Sundays and bank holidays are days upon which bailiffs are not aloud to call
No they are not - A bailiff may call on those days and doesn't need permission from the court to do so.

Bailiffs can only take goods if you let them into your home
No they can't. They can take goods from outside as well, including garden furniture, vehicles etc, etc.

No tools of trade, vehicles or items which you need to carry on working.
Yes they may take tools of the trade and also trade vehicles.

You are responsible for paying the bailiff's fees as well as paying their expenses.
Not necessarily you're not. If a case is returned to the creditor, bailiff fees are removed.

Who in the right frame of mind would want to seek advice from an idiot like this who clearly doesn't know the very basics?

actiononcio

#13 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by actiononcio » 05 Dec 2017 11:03

John The Baptist wrote:
05 Dec 2017 10:01
actiononcio wrote:
05 Dec 2017 09:53
John The Baptist wrote:

Please go away.
If you want to offer advice, do so on the open forum, if not do one. We don't exist to pave the way for you to hijack threads.

And I have forgotten more about bailiffs than you will ever know.

I have stated the 2 possible scenarios, firstly a complaint of maladministration due to the council's failure in not ascertaining the debtor's suitability for an attachment.

Secondly, I have told the debtor the way to avoid bailiff fees IF (s)he decides to not let the bailiff in. The advice that the debtor received from another so called charity was incorrect.

Either one of my scenarios will solve the situation you fool. All you will do is help negotiate an affordable repayment plan that will include the bailiff fees. My ways will do that and ALSO remove the bailiff fees.
We help hundreds of people and will continue to do so, I look forward to hearing this persons results. I am not hear to argue just to try and help people.

John The Baptist

#14 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 05 Dec 2017 11:15

By posting on an open forum, you help people as future debtors are able to refer back to the posts. That is the whole idea of a forum. If we feel the OP needs special help, we move the thread to a private section of the board. We do not approve of PMing.

I have been aware of you for some time as "My Bailiff Advice". Your advice is rubbish and your knowledge of bailiff law is poor.

I take claims of "helping hundreds of people" with a pinch of salt. I know from experience how many people seek help on a daily/weekly basis. I don't understand why people feel the need to lie about the amount of enquiries they receive.

Regarding this particular debtor, if (s)he genuinely didn't receive any correspondence after the LO was issued then that s in conflict with guidance and also practice notes on how to recover council tax arrears. There is a very good case that the Ombudsman would find maladministration has occurred if it goes that far.

If the debtor doesn't own a car then it will be pretty straightforward to sit it out until the debt is returned, thus removing all bailiff fees.

Only if and when both of the above fail do we then look into negotiating an affordable repayment plan that would include the bailiff fees. We do not start with that, it is a last resort.

Schedule 12

#15 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Dec 2017 16:17

Last month, we helped 6780 people set-up affordable repayments with their local council.
Debt mediation is a regulated activity. We don't do that here.

Bailiff clients want a remedy for illegal enforcement activity. Typically, they want a car recovered from bailiffs, or pursue an action against bailiff and his creditor through a court.
I'm not a solicitor, but I work as a paralegal for solicitors bringing cases involving non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

John The Baptist

#16 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by John The Baptist » 06 Dec 2017 16:37

Schedule 12 wrote:
06 Dec 2017 16:17
Last month, we helped 6780 people set-up affordable repayments with their local council.
Debt mediation is a regulated activity. We don't do that here.

Bailiff clients want a remedy for illegal enforcement activity. Typically, they want a car recovered from bailiffs, or pursue an action against bailiff and his creditor through a court.
Who claimed to have helped 6780 people in a month? Even Sheila Harding isn't that thick.

Based on a 40 hour week, that is 42 every hour.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#17 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 06 Dec 2017 16:48

John The Baptist wrote:
06 Dec 2017 16:37

Who claimed to have helped 6780 people in a month? Even Sheila Harding isn't that thick.

Based on a 40 hour week, that is 42 every hour.
'My Bailiff Advice' website - http://fb.mybailiffadvice.co.uk/
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/h ... 50540e5a3d - False alarm, it wasn't him. Maybe next time.

Schedule 12

#18 Re: Jacobs Enforcement

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Dec 2017 17:09

We had these claims from Sheila Harding who runs another bailiff website bailiffadviceonline.co.uk and says she gets a zillion 'enquiries'. Strange, she found the time to complain to the BBC.
I'm not a solicitor, but I work as a paralegal for solicitors bringing cases involving non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist