Attachment to benefits

Quash the Liability Order. Suspend Enforcement. Disputing Liabilities. Claim Damages for Misuse of Enforcement Power.
TGK

Attachment to benefits

Post by TGK » 27 Dec 2017 10:28

I am long term unemployed, I have an attachment to JSA for last year's Council tax. The Council are now threatening me with a bailiff visit for this year's CT. Anybody any ideas as to how I deal with this? And no, paying it is out of the question.

delta157

Re: Attachment to benefits

Post by delta157 » 27 Dec 2017 18:05

Have you not applied for CTR then? Secondly if the AoBs is in place they shouldn't be using an EA..

Schedule 12

Post by Schedule 12 » 27 Dec 2017 19:22

You can ask the council withdrawing bailiffs because it may be in breach of regulations and guidelines because you are unemployed.

Here is more: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... eholds.htm
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

Michelle

Post by Michelle » 27 Dec 2017 20:21

TGK wrote:
27 Dec 2017 10:28
I am long term unemployed, I have an attachment to JSA for last year's Council tax. The Council are now threatening me with a bailiff visit for this year's CT. Anybody any ideas as to how I deal with this? And no, paying it is out of the question.
Silly question perhaps but, if you are on JSA, are you not also on council tax support?
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

Post by Pote Snitkin » 27 Dec 2017 21:15

Michelle wrote:
27 Dec 2017 20:21
Silly question perhaps but, if you are on JSA, are you not also on council tax support?
The OP probably is, but with some councils still forcing the unemployed to pay up to 25% of the bill, the endless spiral of debt makes paying it impossible.

CTR could easily mean the unemployed still being charged £6 per week. An AOB will pay a debt at about £3.50 a week, so the debt will never be paid. It's a ridiculous system.
Dodgeball on the Criminal Procedure Rules - "FMOTL nonsense". Discuss.