Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Edd

#1 Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Post by Edd » 28 Aug 2017 21:43

Been called over and over? Thing is who the hell gives these firms the rights to effectively rip people off for complete utter piffle? Hardly crime of the century but hey oh and all that...called b@ll@x in my book and many others. Unfair and unjust.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... fines.html

Then the good ole EA comes along to get paid his or her cut? You couldn't make it up if you tried. And worst still people still fall for this guff. Doesn't belong in a so called civil country frankly never has. Been to others where it doesn't even register and you know what, thank goodness because nothing happens. Zero gridlock, no hassle, no trouble nor feelings of ill will towards the so called robotic enforcers..who are simply folding orders?

Because they don't bloody exist.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Post by Schedule 12 » 28 Aug 2017 21:51

I've had two PPT's and paid neither. I got a lot of nag letters incrementally more threatening, but I waited until the court papers and I would defend it.

I never got any court papers.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Edd

#3 Re: Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Post by Edd » 28 Aug 2017 22:13

I.e., no one can effectively prove the losses which these outfits claim to have suffered? Nor will they have the gall to send someone out, perhaps in a more private capacity to claim their fees in a real court of law. Why?

Because like all leeches and those happily sending out their threats much prefer to pick on the more vulnerable or those maybe not quite as clued up. Those who stump up because as mentioned fall for the guff. Worse still, it is seemingly allowed to go on?

Rubber stumped deceit, dressed up theft and bully type (made to look legit.) tactics that was or would be frowned upon back in the stone ages. Whereby normally law-abiding citizens are hawked by these rip off corporations and whilst some stand up - quite a few do not and everyone else thinks oh well that's okay then...?

Edd

#4 Re: Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Post by Edd » 28 Aug 2017 22:14

*rubber stamped deceit. Truth is, we all know it now. And more are waking up.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Post by Schedule 12 » 28 Aug 2017 22:26

It's not about proving losses. Landowners complained to Parliament about vehicles on private land and powerless to do anything about it.

It responded with Schedule 4 but did not set a cap on the monetary charge that may be recovered from the driver. The result is astronomical parking fines and anyone allowed to set up a company provided it subscribes to one of the trade bodies.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Edd

#6 Re: Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Post by Edd » 28 Aug 2017 22:37

Quite true however it does not necessarily detract from the real issues here. I've personally seen the distress these outfits are happy to think is perfectly plausible and laudable. Hiding behind schedules etc., quite frankly doesn't register with the vast majority. Funny how some flaunt parking regs without a single care in the world yet probably over half have genuine reasons who fall full to rip off fines et al.

The sheer amount of techno clout these outfits are now prepared to use only further underlines their main motive. Nothing about fairness anymore, all just profit and they'll probably say otherwise til their blue in the face. It is all about being in denial - nothing more nothing less. A complete monumental cock-up and rip off industry aided abetted by those who should - truth be told, know better. End of.

Edd

#7 Re: Parking firms disservice to decent citizens..enough?

Post by Edd » 30 Aug 2017 10:28

Loosely related and yet another example of the crap many have to put up with pretty much on a daily basis. ParkingEye lose court case not before no doubt harassing, bullying if not threatening someone who was bothered to turn up to the actual hearing!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -lost.html

The evidence is compelling and sums up these cowboy outfits, who they are and what they really stand for. This amongst numerous other cases that simply begs the question when will they be told to halt their codswallop tactics or else face closure.

Since when has overstaying in a bloody car-park become a crime for goodness sakes......

Of course we also know these outfits are often happy to threaten EAs - just to get more to stump up and pay these exorbitant fees and costs. Daylight robbery nothing more nothing less.