Can't pay we'll take it away

stopbailiff

#36 Re: Can't pay we'll take it away

Post by stopbailiff » 22 Sep 2016 08:24

Michelle wrote:
stopbailiff wrote:The Highest Court in the land is the UK Supreme Court, not the High Court. If someone says to another who does not understand the court hierarchy that X court is the highest in the land when it is not, they'll take their word for it. High Court sounds like it is the highest court. So, 'High Court and 'highest court in the land' when taken together are potentially subliminal, so could be viewed as 'brain-washing.'
Which is precisely what I said… :roll:
Michelle wrote:The Supreme Court is the highest court but it doesn't issue writs so, in terms of enforcement, it could be said it is the highest court (that issues writs).
Well, you stated as per the underlined terms, but there was more than one possible inference. The first thing is that you alluded the High Court was the highest as it issues Writs, so it could be said, based on the terms and context used, that you were agreeing with the Enforcement Officer who stated it. The second inference, was what I said, is that it is effectively manipulation through subliminal signals (the brain gets it but that it has a certain effect or control on the person). Over-all, though given the underlined parts it was more likely to make the first inference. It was not clear therefore which of the possible scenarios you were indicating.

Michelle

#37 Re: Can't pay we'll take it away

Post by Michelle » 23 Sep 2016 10:58

The average punter receiving a visit from a HCEO wouldn't be familiar with the court structure. The mention of "High Court" suggests the matter has been escalated and/or that the enforcement agents have more powers. :( In reality, one has more reason to worry about Magistrates Courts, because warrants for the recovery of fines allow forced entry. :x It's rather surprising to see how many well educated people don't know the first thing about courts, enforcement or even where to find out about legislation, not for the purpose of entering the legal profession but to be well informed about their rights. Rather than promoting the idea that everyone should learn to code since childhood, everyone should learn about these practical issues that can affect them at any time. :D

The program seems to show a large amount of immigrants with poor English and zero knowledge of the English legal system as well as poorly educated natives. As they all seem taken by surprise when the bailiffs turn up, it can be assumed they were not aware they were going to be on TV. It can also be assumed that they would have, later on, agreed to have the footage shown on TV, one would like to think. :roll:

I wouldn't want the whole world to see that I'm being thrown out onto the streets for not paying rent or having a couple of gorillas at the door for unpaid debts, :evil: not unless I wanted to make a point about the whole action being unfair and give my explanation to the cameras. None of the bailiff victims seem to have a valid point to make, not even that they had their benefits cut, were victims of the bedroom tax, on zero hours contracts, etc. Maybe they just didn't object to the footage being shown on TV out of ignorance. That would mean a lot more bailiff visits and evictions are filmed, where the victims either refuse to be filmed right there and then, or else refuse to give permission for the footage to be shown. :?
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

stopbailiff

#38 Re: Can't pay we'll take it away

Post by stopbailiff » 23 Sep 2016 14:31

Michelle wrote:The average punter receiving a visit from a HCEO wouldn't be familiar with the court structure. The mention of "High Court" suggests the matter has been escalated and/or that the enforcement agents have more powers. :( In reality, one has more reason to worry about Magistrates Courts, because warrants for the recovery of fines allow forced entry. :x It's rather surprising to see how many well educated people don't know the first thing about courts, enforcement or even where to find out about legislation, not for the purpose of entering the legal profession but to be well informed about their rights. Rather than promoting the idea that everyone should learn to code since childhood, everyone should learn about these practical issues that can affect them at any time. :D

The program seems to show a large amount of immigrants with poor English and zero knowledge of the English legal system as well as poorly educated natives. As they all seem taken by surprise when the bailiffs turn up, it can be assumed they were not aware they were going to be on TV. It can also be assumed that they would have, later on, agreed to have the footage shown on TV, one would like to think. :roll:

I wouldn't want the whole world to see that I'm being thrown out onto the streets for not paying rent or having a couple of gorillas at the door for unpaid debts, :evil: not unless I wanted to make a point about the whole action being unfair and give my explanation to the cameras. None of the bailiff victims seem to have a valid point to make, not even that they had their benefits cut, were victims of the bedroom tax, on zero hours contracts, etc. Maybe they just didn't object to the footage being shown on TV out of ignorance. That would mean a lot more bailiff visits and evictions are filmed, where the victims either refuse to be filmed right there and then, or else refuse to give permission for the footage to be shown. :?
Michelle, well it's people such as yourself - who have the benevolence and or altruistic goodness in your character - which makes the aims of this very forum effective in its/ your endeavours, ie in successfully helping others. What I learned about sociology - albeit there was no book with big neon letters saying it either - is that society is essentially compartmentalised, on the one hand you have what is a hierarchal society - I suppose it's required to keep the economy going. I find it fascinating nevertheless.

The privileged live a simply different life to everybody else, but does everybody really need to live like that? For me, it's just a life experience or a life lived through the stimulation of our senses. As long's there is food in the cupboard, a shelter, in my view - and perhaps in view of Maslow's 'hierarchy of needs', I think's that's sufficient. I do feel for people though being hounded by the bailiffs - who are just so out of touch. I wonder if the really educated, intelligent amongst the bailiff/ enforcement community would be any different. No all educated people though make good human beings, it has to be said.

Michelle

#39 Re: Can't pay we'll take it away

Post by Michelle » 25 Sep 2016 21:05

A writ with the individual's name on it when the debt was incurred by a company, what's the point of a LIMITED company, if not to have LIMITED liability? :? Looks like the client sued both the company and the owner, can they just do that? Looks like they didn't defend the claim and just got saddled with default judgment against both the company and the owner. No details of the legal process are given on the program but that t can be assumed. That just shouldn't happen! :x

...and the HCEOs were going to seize the computers when the guys were in the web design business, surely they should have been considered as items that are essential for their business. Nobody mentioned that, obviously the HCEOs were not going to, :evil: :evil: :evil: but people should be aware of their rights. Looks like many are not. :cry:
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.