Police 'helped bailiffs seize disabled motorist's car

outlawipcc

#1 Police 'helped bailiffs seize disabled motorist's car

Post by outlawipcc » 03 Mar 2016 07:53

Police 'helped bailiffs seize disabled motorist's £15k car to pay £60 bus lane fine'
....And when distraught Cherry protested by sitting in her life-line vehicle, police were called. She said: “I told the bailiffs I was disabled, I said I had a Blue Badge and needed my vehicle to get around, my husband told them too.

“The badge was on display - I showed them the badge. But they said they weren’t interested in the badge, it made no difference.

“I had received no letters from the council about this fine.

“But three police officers turned up and said the bailiffs had a right to take the car away.”

Cherry claims she was threatened with arrest before one female officer pulled her from the vehicle, which was then taken away by bailiffs......

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Police 'helped bailiffs seize disabled motorist's car

Post by Schedule 12 » 03 Mar 2016 09:39

It has happened again only yesterday. A man who had paid his TFL PCN, had bailiffs turn up and police smashed the window of his car.

He was arrested for obstructing a bailiff and resisting arrest.

The CPS could not charge him because the bailiff knew
  • a) The fine was paid
    b) No NOE - it had the wrong address
    c) No warrant, wrong address as well, no debt to enforce
    d) Car was exempt goods.
Lawyers were already negotiating settlement with Essex Police for a previous false arrest and 9 hours unlawful imprisonment involving same bailiff on 10 Feb.

New claims about to start for:
  • a) Detailed assessment
    b) 2nd, false arrest and unlawful imprisonment
    c) litigation damage to car (smashed side window) damage to car upholstery. Videos to follow
    d) Personal injury claim, (to both hands)

As for taking a disabled badge car. Whyte and co are defending such a claim. They sold the car with the disabled badge still in the window and the cost of his rental car continues to accrue to this day. The buyer is unable to get a V5 from DVLA and therefore cannot insure it on public roads. The creditor won't see change of £50k when lawyers are all done.

Whyte & co in an email (now in the hands of lawyers) said they took his car because they felt the client was not disabled. The client receives high rate DLA and his medical diagnosis was given in support of his application. It is understood Whyte & Co have not shown they are medically qualified to make such a decision.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Superman_Returns

#3 Re: Police 'helped bailiffs seize disabled motorist's car

Post by Superman_Returns » 26 May 2016 13:08

A spokesman for West Midlands Police said: “The woman was removed from the vehicle for her own safety.

“I would like to draw your attention to Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Court and Enforcement Act 2007 − Section 68(1) − ‘A person is guilty of an offence if he intentionally obstructs a person lawfully acting as an enforcement agent.’

“The woman was not arrested.”

The force also ignored questions about whether its officers had also breached the Taking Control of Goods Act 2013.
Some things never change.

Ed kart2

#4 Re: Police 'helped bailiffs seize disabled motorist's car

Post by Ed kart2 » 30 May 2016 22:50

Superman_Returns wrote:
A spokesman for West Midlands Police said: “The woman was removed from the vehicle for her own safety.

“I would like to draw your attention to Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Court and Enforcement Act 2007 − Section 68(1) − ‘A person is guilty of an offence if he intentionally obstructs a person lawfully acting as an enforcement agent.’

“The woman was not arrested.”

The force also ignored questions about whether its officers had also breached the Taking Control of Goods Act 2013.
Some things never change.
As per usual script thereafter or when truth finally is out...lessons shall be learnt usual poppycock.

In other words, despite numerous cases beforehand it is all pretty much BS.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: Police 'helped bailiffs seize disabled motorist's car

Post by Schedule 12 » 31 May 2016 11:14

There is one with legal now. Whyte & Co lifted a disabled persons car with the badge still in the window.

The bailiff company in an email, reasoned it because they felt the debtor was "abusing the motability scheme"(sic)

Whyte & Co are actually defending the claim. The debtor has since been given another motability car. The seized car cannot be sold so someone is stuck with it. The DVLA stopped the V5 so it cannot be insured to drive.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk