#1 When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Nov 2016 15:09

Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 Nov 2016 15:39

Right on the crank's doorstep - wonder if she was there handing out information sheets.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#3 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Nov 2016 15:45

Not that close. She lives nearly an hour from there.

If you go from her car tax mailbox address, then it's right on the crank's doorstep.

Michelle

#4 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Michelle » 30 Nov 2016 17:40

Bailiffs are used for various purposes. I can see a landowner wanting to get rid of travellers who have invaded their land so I can't take the side of the travellers on this one, however, there are times when it would be nice to see bailiffs being treated like that, such as when they are demanding £400 for some pesky little parking offence and they want to nick your £10k car for it. :xmas_evil: :xmas_evil: :xmas_evil: That's not the sort of thing reported on Can't Pay, We'll Take it Away. :xmas_confused:

I quite liked the old case law that allowed you to assault a bailiff with a milk bottle. :xmas_mrgreen: :xmas_mrgreen: :xmas_mrgreen:
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Nov 2016 17:52

What rattles me about bailiffs is targeting the vulnerable and ripping off the less fortunate.

I am comfortable being a bailiff evicting pikies from a school playing field. Facing a gang of pikies is something I can do. People call me suicidal, but I've never been intimidated by chain-wielding miscreants. I know I can bust their arses and crack his nuts when they are brought to the stand at court.

I can never bring myself to banging doors of a single mum without a pot or the vulnerable, owing council tax or parking tickets. The policy of sending round bovver-boys knocking people at 6am is plain wrong.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 Nov 2016 18:04

jasonDWB wrote:Facing a gang of pikies is something I can do. People call me suicidal, but I've never been intimidated by chain-wielding miscreants. I know I can bust their arses and crack his nuts when they are brought to the stand at court.
Which at that stage would be via some type of system that Stephen Hawking uses......
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#7 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Nov 2016 18:25

I call it tact and diplomacy. I prefer to diffuse the situation first and explain what the court has ordered.

I dont need a raygun or a warp drive.

After all, I wade into a bailiffs confrontations regurlarly, so I've had lots of practice.

When a neighbour had a caravan nicked off his driveway and tracked it to a pikie field ten miles away, (this was the 1990's TRACKER technology of the day) the police had told him to just go in there and ask for it back. Most people would only go into a pikie camp armed with a tommy gun. I told the group leaders who approached me when I arrived at the camp that I am collecting caravan that didn't belong to them. and I just hooked it up to a range rover and towed it off the camp. Nobody resisted. I did have someone in the back of the car with a camcorder watching.

I found that if you are reasonable and unthreatening with pikies, they will cooperate quietly and treat you with respect.

Michelle

#8 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Michelle » 30 Nov 2016 18:36

Is it not a criminal offence to nick a caravan that doesn't belong to you and drive it away? I'd have thought it would be theft, and the police should take action against the culprits...
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#9 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 Nov 2016 18:39

The police won't go anywhere near the camps.

Michelle

#10 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Michelle » 30 Nov 2016 18:42

What sort of country is this where the police is afraid of the criminals? :o

I bet they'd come round here if I nicked a vehicle from someone's driveway.

Knowledge is Power.

Schedule 12

#11 Re: When I can feel sorry for bailifs

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Nov 2016 18:45

The police are booted in uniforms and that is threatening pikies.