Can't pay etc

deeplydebty

#1 Can't pay etc

Post by deeplydebty » 29 Jul 2017 09:35

It seems that these programs are really just a means to generate business for DCBL rather than a real documentary or reality TV show, so on that premise, should the debtors be paid an appearance fee and ongoing royalties?

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Can't pay etc

Post by Schedule 12 » 29 Jul 2017 10:51

I've never pursued them for royalties. Clients don't want to be on the show, so I use a section 10 Notice. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/ba ... -crew.html

Brinkworth Films argued exemption from the data protection Act because the material is journalism. The test failed because they (apparently) approached Channel 5 telling them it is entertainment.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Michelle

#3 Re: Can't pay etc

Post by Michelle » 29 Jul 2017 11:13

The program features an extremely high proportion of foreign people with poor English, maybe they are chosen for that same reason, i.e. their lack of knowledge of English law. Also the bailiffs invariably manage to be allowed in, even into residential premises, giving the impression that the MUST be allowed in, even when no mention of breaking in is made, as that would be misleading since they are enforcing civil debts. Showing evictions as well makes it even more confusing for the average brain challenged punter, as in those cases, they are allowed to force entry. Not to mention the utter humiliation of being shown on TV battling the bailiffs and your CCJs being broadcast to the world. Furthermore, recorded programs can be shown at any time. We still have shows from the '70s and '80s on TV. Imagine if, one day, one of those people who are struggling today manages to get a good job, become well-known in business, marries "Mr Right", etc. and, next thing you know, a re-run featuring the person in question fighting the bullies appears on TV... DISGRACEFUL!
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#4 Re: Can't pay etc

Post by Pote Snitkin » 29 Jul 2017 18:18

That said, Bohill's wig is funny.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.