Client complaint - Templates – file types?

Schedule 12

Client complaint - Templates – file types?

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Feb 2014 19:58

I just had a DWB client grumbling the DWB templates are not compatible with Office 2 HD for Macs and iPad. This is not the first complaint.

They are .rtf (rich text file) and I have just tested it on iOS 7 and they work on my own Apple iWorks, but I could not edit them on Office HD on an iPad which confirms the .rtf file extension might be obsolete. I was also unable to edit (but I could still open) a .rtf template on Office Pro for Android using a borrowed Samsung Note 3 phablet or my own cheap Samsung Ace.

I considered distribution in .docx but this is not supported in earlier versions of windows and I don’t know if docx is supported in earlier versions of Android.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what file format we should ship editable template documents so they can be opened and edited on the majority of devices.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

monkeynuts
Site Admin

Re: Client complaint - Templates – file types?

Post by monkeynuts » 06 Feb 2014 20:11

I'll look at it for you
An awake populous is a bailiffs worst nightmare!

Schedule 12

Re: Client complaint - Templates – file types?

Post by Schedule 12 » 06 Feb 2014 20:16

Cheers, I need a file type compatible with most devices and not likely to be obsolete in the near future.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist