DCBL loses multi-enforcement stage fees detailed assessment in the High Court

Schedule 12

#1 DCBL loses multi-enforcement stage fees detailed assessment in the High Court

Post by Schedule 12 » 25 Jun 2017 22:04

I have a client (Mr. K) who was charged the first stage fee and second stage fee in a single visit, and contacted me for a detailed assessment.

It has been a recent trend for High Court enforcement to charge the first two stages together on the same attendance, and the client brought the detailed assessment, which is thought to be the first of its kind.

DCBL turned up with a barrister and the bailiff that attended the client's property, but that was not enough to defeat a detailed assessment. The master came out in my client's favour and he was given his costs. He also thanked my client for bringing this matter to the court's attention the bailiff had "fleeced a member of the public".

This took place only last Friday the 23rd at the High Court at the Strand.

DWB will be offering this procedure to all other clients charged multiple stage fees for a single visit in High Court Enforcement cases.

It looks like the HCEOA will have to revise its newsletter article encouraging its members to charge multi-stage enforcement fees for single visits.

The client asked to remain anonymous on the public forums, but HCEOA will know who it is.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: DCBL loses multi-enforcement stage fees detailed assessment in the High Court

Post by Pote Snitkin » 25 Jun 2017 22:53

Certain quarters will be furious.

Schedule 12

#3 Re: DCBL loses multi-enforcement stage fees detailed assessment in the High Court

Post by Schedule 12 » 25 Jun 2017 23:21

As with hire purchase cars and their relationship with paragraph 10 of Schedule 12.

I'm still trying to catch a bailiff with a locksmith for the TV crew. They are proving very elusive. I offered to manufacture one like I did for Panorama when we passed the court fines client a certain CAG member who unwittingly gave it to Marston. The producers are not so keen on that, nor for creating PCN's to order to entrap ANPR cowboys.

They are looking for a bent judge or corrupt court official, but now cases are being followed, the courts have all of a sudden complied with the law and finding cases in favour of the client.

I considered putting forward the section 14 to them and catching court staff rebutting a section 14 SD on camera, but getting camera crew inside court buildings is difficult as metal detectors at the lobby go off.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk