How to prove a debtor doesn't live there

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
seabro

#1 How to prove a debtor doesn't live there

Post by seabro » 10 Jun 2017 16:43

My elderly in-laws are being harassed by debt collectors or baillif's (not sure which) over multiple PCN debts incurred by a grandchild.

The grand child has stayed there from time to time in the past but does not have a room, or any belongings there and has not even lived in the same city for over a year.

Debt collectors banging on the door repeatedly, demanding to be let in and being obnoxious to 70 yr old registered disabled in-laws.

Whats the fastest track to getting rid of the thugs?

Amy
Admin

#2 Re: How to prove a debtor doesn't live there

Post by Amy » 11 Jun 2017 00:01

Put pen to paper and write to the council concerned and make it clear they need to do something about and this and that you will not tolerate this kind of behavior.

Schedule 12

#3 Re: How to prove a debtor doesn't live there

Post by Schedule 12 » 13 Jun 2017 09:13

The council takes no notice of letters like that. It's the bailiff that has to return the case DOA. I think if the grandparents just say the debtor does not live there, the bailiff will move on. They can always call 999 and the police can ID check and take the bailiff to the edge of the property.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

seabro

#4 Re: How to prove a debtor doesn't live there

Post by seabro » 13 Jun 2017 09:50

Thanks Jason, Amy. I agree council doesn't care. I have had sinilar exchanges with them. I'll tell them to dial 999 of he persists.
I also advised them to record everything as I am sure he is contravening the DPA as he has been going into detail about the matter with grandparent.
Thanks again.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: How to prove a debtor doesn't live there

Post by Schedule 12 » 13 Jun 2017 10:30

Record them on video using a mobile, bailiffs treat you with a lot more respect.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk