Haringey Council

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
russelldurose

#1 Haringey Council

Post by russelldurose » 10 Jan 2018 18:08

Dear all
Went to visit friends in Haringey from Devon, and parked in residential area where there is NO parking for non residents. I tried to remonstrate with the agent from the Council saying that I am a visitor. No use, he fined me. The fine was £130. I will contest it and yet I know I will fail...what advice about getting it waived can anyone give me?

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Haringey Council

Post by Schedule 12 » 10 Jan 2018 18:56

I don't think you can waive it. Haringey like other councils will hold you bang to rights. Even I have been clobbered for it. Some councils do let you park if you pay by phone. Its a faff setting it up for the first time, but after that, its very easy to use. Just park, call the number and press 1 for your car, and press 1 for the current location number, and enter the numbers of hours on the keypad. If you are running out of time, you get a text 10 mins before expiry.

If you are in Devon, then enforcement might be a problem if the company does not have a nationwide cover, e.g. Newlyn, Jacobs, and Phoenix. They may have to approach a rival and ask one of theirs to attend.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

russelldurose

#3 Re: Haringey Council

Post by russelldurose » 10 Jan 2018 22:26

Thankyou for your reply. My last run in with Newlyn ended up with the PCN being contested after they detected I was in London clamped my vehicle. I cut the clamp and came back. They came after but the issue died. With all PCNs after 12 months.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Haringey Council

Post by Schedule 12 » 11 Jan 2018 10:44

Newlyn are very big on drive-by clamping. When the BBC did a news article on it and visited their A1 compound with a crew, they were very vocal about it. It proved they knew their policy was less than legitimate, otherwise, they would not have kicked up all those threats. I did the aerial shots from a camera drone.

russelldurose

#5 Re: Haringey Council

Post by russelldurose » 11 Jan 2018 11:03

Yes but with me they kicked off but it was about the time I found this forum and threw the book at the Council and Newlyn. The whole thing died in 2013 after going through 3 complaint processes.

Schedule 12

#6 Re: Haringey Council

Post by Schedule 12 » 11 Jan 2018 11:40

The complaint process is pointless and convoluted. If they owe money, the small claims procedure is clean and swift.