What is the difference ?

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 Feb 2018 12:48

What is the difference ?

Post by Kjizzle89 » 08 Feb 2018 12:54

Hi All,

Unpaid PCN process when it either gets to 'order of recovery' stage or 'enforcement stage' what is the difference between PE3, PE2, TE7 or TE9 and do these forms go hand in hand or do you only complete a certain one for a certain stage or if the PCN concerns a moving traffic offence or a parking offence as it is all a bit complex and confusing.

Can anyone clarify what form is used for what and when it is used ?

I would really appreciate it.


User avatar
Schedule 12
Posts: 13502
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 21:23
Location: London WC2

Re: What is the difference ?

Post by Schedule 12 » 08 Feb 2018 13:00

Forms PE are for moving traffic offences, such as box junction, bus lates etc

Forms TE are for parking offences, pay & display or yellow lines etc.

An order for recovery is only issued by a council for parking offences such as pay & display.

An enforcement stage is one of the two stages a bailiff earns a fee. A first stage is an instruction, the 2nd stage (plus a 3rd stage if a High Court writ) is the attendance. There is also a "sale stage" which is also a prescribed enforcement stage.
I am a paralegal working for solicitors bringing proceedings against bailiffs for non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

Post Reply