Moved house, now bailiffs?

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
foxie367

#1 Moved house, now bailiffs?

Post by foxie367 » 15 Nov 2016 10:15

Hiya,

I'm looking for some advice (hoping to find out more before bailiff returns this evening!)

I moved out of my house early last year, changed my address with DVLA (so my driving licence showed the new address), but didn't change the address on my vehicle documents.

A few weeks ago I moved back to my old address (the house had been empty but there were various people including the estate agent sorting through things ), I opened all letters that were there and sorted everything out. Last night, I came home and there was an enforcement notice from a bailiff advising I owed £709 from 3 unpaid parking charges, and that he would be returning today to clamp my car/seize goods. I asked him for a fee breakdown and he advised it was £249 for the original PCNs and court costs, x3 £75 compliance fee for each PCN and £235 enforcement fee for having to come yesterday.

I just wanted to know what my options are more than anything - do I have any justification in appealing the charges as I can provide evidence I wasn't living at the address at the time (even though it was my error)? Am I able to contact the council and offer to pay for the original charges in the hope that the bailiffs fees are waived? Or should I just accept it's my error and pay the bailiff. Other than my car, I don't really have any goods of value that can be seized, but I am in full time employment should it come down to an attachment of earnings.

Thanks all - appreciate any advice you can give :)

Jo

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Moved house, now bailiffs?

Post by Schedule 12 » 15 Nov 2016 10:37

Appeal them and select the grounds 'you did not receive a Notice to Owner (NTO)' and include evidence of your having vacated the registered address

Here is how to start the appeals process. Have PCN numbers ready. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... ailiff.htm
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk