Bailff calling

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Raffles142009

#1 Bailff calling

Post by Raffles142009 » 28 Nov 2016 23:01

I recently sold a car belonging to my stepson as he wanted a newer car.
I live in South Wales and they buyer travelled from London to purchase the car.
I printed an invoice and we both signed and dated and TIMED the transaction and also the V5. V5 was sent toDVLA same day.
A few weeks later I got a Charge Notice from some parking company that said car was parked without paying on the SAME day as I sold the car, in Hounslow about 6 hours after I had sold the car.
I called them and said I sold the car that very morning and had a Signed Dated and Timed receipt to prove it.
The reply given was 'A Likely Story, pay the charge or we will issue court proceedings.
Now here is the sting, The DVLA sent me a thank you note that I sold the car, but does not say the date I sold it or the time and the Parking Company are having none of it.
Also, as I said this was my Step-son's car, actually registered in his Father's name, and not his, he (Step-son) was a named driver on insurance policy due to his age, 24.
They have issued court proceeding in the name of Step-son's Father but to this address. What can I do? I cannot attend court as it is not addressed to me and I doubt I would have Right of Audience anyway.
I would offer it to Step-son's father but he does not want to know.
Any advice greatly accepted.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Bailff calling

Post by Schedule 12 » 29 Nov 2016 09:09

Raffles142009 wrote: They have issued court proceeding in the name of Step-son's Father but to this address. What can I do? I cannot attend court as it is not addressed to me and I doubt I would have Right of Audience anyway.
The court would not give a right of audience for your adult son. They will convict summarily.
I would offer it to Step-son's father but he does not want to know.
Any advice greatly accepted.
The accused is the only one that can defend it.

He needs to enter a not-guilty plea. To gather his evidence and enter his defence on the grounds you have given above.

The court can then only convict on a burden of proof beyond all reasonable doubt.

If the proceedings continue against another person at your address, then it will come to nothing for HM Court Service.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk