Collect Services letter warning bailiff, Need help

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
MADGE

#1 Collect Services letter warning bailiff, Need help

Post by MADGE » 28 Jan 2017 21:07

I received a letter today from Collect Services regarding a penalty charge notice on the 16 May 2016.
The vehicle was registered at a previous address where the person there an ex used my car and received a previous penalty charge notice for the car. I did not receive this as I spilt up with him and he did not give me any letters, it was not until later that bailiffs turned up at his property that he told me.

Therefore I was scared to give DVLA my current address as I did not want bailiffs at my house. I now received a letter from Ealing council in London stating that a PCN was sent to the previous house in concern of legislation, this is usually the address to which the vehicle was registered with the DVLA at the time of contravention occurred unless an alternative address had been provided. As the sum due has not been paid a warrant has been issued to remove goods if not paid in full. IT STATED.

I have a learning disability, and anxiety. My driving licence has my current address, due to domestic violence , he would be aggressive and I tried to get someone to try and get the letters but he threw some of them away.Any help

Can I have this sent aside, put back to court for the original charge and what about my ex driving for the first contravention, I cannot prove this??

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Collect Services letter warning bailiff, Need help

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Jan 2017 09:42

MADGE wrote:I received a letter today from Collect Services regarding a penalty charge notice on the 16 May 2016.
The vehicle was registered at a previous address where the person there an ex used my car and received a previous penalty charge notice for the car. I did not receive this as I spilt up with him and he did not give me any letters, it was not until later that bailiffs turned up at his property that he told me.
You have to make what is called an Out of Time Statutory Declaration. In other words, you appeal the PCN. Here is how that's done: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... ailiff.htm

You gather evidence of the change of address and the date you moved. The PCN is appealed on the grounds the address is wrong and you did not receive a Notice to Owner.

The PCN will be rolled back to the original demand, about £60, You appeal that by naming the driver, in this case, your ex. It's no longer your problem thenceforward.

Get the PCN number. its two characters followed by eight numbers. The council that issued the ticket can give you that if you quote your car registration. When you have the PCN number, then call the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) on 0300 123 1059 and they will send you the appeal forms to complete and return. Enforcement is suspended at 4pm the weekday you email the completed forms back to the TEC.

Therefore I was scared to give DVLA my current address as I did not want bailiffs at my house. I now received a letter from Ealing council in London stating that a PCN was sent to the previous house in concern of legislation,
Were those Ealing Councils own words? Why couldn't they say it's an unpaid parking ticket?

this is usually the address to which the vehicle was registered with the DVLA at the time of contravention occurred unless an alternative address had been provided. As the sum due has not been paid a warrant has been issued to remove goods if not paid in full. IT STATED.

I have a learning disability, and anxiety. My driving licence has my current address, due to domestic violence , he would be aggressive and I tried to get someone to try and get the letters but he threw some of them away.Any help
A vulnerable person is classed in Paragraph 77 of the Taking Control of Goods National Standards to be:
  • i) the elderly;

ii) people with a disability;

iii) the seriously ill;

iv) the recently bereaved;

v) single parent families;

vi) pregnant women;

vii) unemployed people; and,

viii) those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English.

The only protection you get is a postponement of enforcement and waiver of the enforcement fees. Regulation 12 of the Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014 states:
  • Recovery of fees from vulnerable debtors

12. Where the debtor is a vulnerable person, the fee or fees due for the enforcement stage (or, where regulation 6 applies, the first, or first and second, enforcement stages as appropriate) and any disbursements related to that stage (or stages) are not recoverable unless the enforcement agent has, before proceeding to remove goods which have been taken into control, given the debtor an adequate opportunity to get assistance and advice in relation to the exercise of the enforcement power.

Can I have this sent aside, put back to court for the original charge and what about my ex driving for the first contravention, I cannot prove this??
You make a "statutory declaration" that names your ex as being the driver.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk