Dart charge & bailiffs fees paid. How to recover.

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Happyannie

#1 Dart charge & bailiffs fees paid. How to recover.

Post by Happyannie » 07 May 2017 15:32

I paid £616 to Bailiffs on behalf of grandson. Letters had gone to old address (his mother's). Although she told him she had mail he hadn't dealt with them. He had sold the car a few days before the Dart Charge offence. I have since had proof from the DVLA that this was the case. At the time grandson asked my advice I feared the bailiffs would take his car in part payment and got in touch with Marstons who said grandson could open a case against the Highways Agency for a refund. Have since been on to both Highways Agency and Marstons but because I have paid off the debt it seems nothing can now be done so now I have paid escalated fees for someone else's offence i.e. subsequent purchaser of car. Realise grandson is guilty of being irresponsible by not dealing with the letters. Any advice would be appreciated.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Dart charge & bailiffs fees paid. How to recover.

Post by Schedule 12 » 07 May 2017 19:36

You can recover the money from Highways, England by making a claim in the small claims track using the grounds you have mentioned.

Here is how to bring an action. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Co ... edure.html

I can draft the claim form, letter before action and witness statements for a small fee to start your claim and the fee can be recovered from the defendant. At the end of the day, it should cost you nothing and you sometimes get a bit extra for good measure.

The bailiff should have taken money from you knowing you are not the debtor.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk