NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Bxtreb

#1 NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 16 May 2017 19:10

I hope someone can help I'm proper stressed. I received a fine in January for parking on private land. Where I had parked had no signs and when he took pics it was just of my reg and the car park behind. I was going to appeal but everybody told me I didn't have to pay as it was a notice not a ticket. I looked on Martin Lewis aswell which said becareful appealing as you'll admit you've received the letter so I left it. I've received two letters and now one from Dcbl and it's gone from 60 to 160. What should I do please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Schedule 12 » 16 May 2017 20:07

I can only speak from experience, and I have never responded to a private parking ticket companies. Its always come to nothing. If they did, then I would defend the claim. That is not saying I go out of my way to get private parking tickets.

The paperwork you have shown is not authority to recover the sum by enforcement. DBCL are using its company name purporting to have an enforcement power when it does not. There is no contract between you and DCBL enabling them to charge you £60.

I see there is a QR code at the top left. If you have a QR code reading app on your phone, have a look to see what it says.

The letter looks like another company that borrows DCBL's name to send a threatogram (a debt recovery letter made to look official when the sender knows it is not).

To put your mind at rest, the document is not authority to use a bailiff enforcement power. They have to apply to a court first. That is where the risk lies for the parking companies. A defended parking claim is expensive for the parking company because they have to swallow their own legal fees regardless of the outcome of the claim.

If you get a court claim, then vigorously defend it. They soon back off and leave you alone. It's not commercially viable. They only pursue undefended claims. Your grounds is there is no signage and your photos prove it.

Park the matter until you get court papers.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#3 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 16 May 2017 20:34

Are those pics that you've taken?
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Bxtreb

#4 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 17 May 2017 08:01

Yes those are the pics I took. His were shocking just of my number plate and serial number and the car park behind me

Bxtreb

#5 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 17 May 2017 08:03

Thanks Jason. I'm really stressed and just leaving it scares me. I should have appealed straight away but I didn't. Just don't know whether to say I appealed but you didn't receive it or appeal now or just leave it, I'm in so much debt and it worries me they'll just keep bumping it up until it's gets to £600

Bxtreb

#6 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 17 May 2017 08:05

Also I don't want bad credit or a ccj

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#7 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 May 2017 08:40

Go back and take more pics, plus a video recording of the car park to show that no signs were visible.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Bxtreb

#8 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 17 May 2017 09:31

Isn't it too late now this was January time I think

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#9 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 May 2017 11:30

The more evidence you have the better.

Schedule 12

#10 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Schedule 12 » 17 May 2017 13:49

Bxtreb wrote:
17 May 2017 08:03
Thanks Jason. I'm really stressed and just leaving it scares me. I should have appealed straight away but I didn't. Just don't know whether to say I appealed but you didn't receive it or appeal now or just leave it, I'm in so much debt and it worries me they'll just keep bumping it up until it's gets to £600
The law does not provide for them to add fictitious amounts to get the debt over the threshold to transfer up the debt. DCBL already tried that and it was set aside on the grounds it was an abuse of process under CPR 3.4(2)(b).

Bxtreb

#11 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 17 May 2017 14:31

OK Jason so should I ignore or appeal against the ticket plz

Schedule 12

#12 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Schedule 12 » 17 May 2017 16:23

I don't know enough about appealing a private parking ticket. I need to know the rules of the court the enforcement and appeal process follows. In local authority chooses, its Part 75 of the CPR's and the rules are the practice directions. I only know that schedule 4 of the Protection of Freeedoms Act 2012 sets out the rules for the recovery of unpaid parking charges. That legislation does not fix a cap on what the charges are. The case of Parking Eye v Beavis worries me because it says a charge of £100 is not immoral or as the judge put it. "It is not unconscionable". This is the dinner bell for parking companies to monetise private parking and it can only be brought under control by Parliament regulating parking charges.

Therefore, I cannot advise on whether or not to appeal a private parking ticket.

If a claimant increased the money owed to more than £600 threshold, then I can have a solicitor apply to strike out the application to transfer the claim to high court enforcement under CPR 3.4, because it is an abuse of process.

Bxtreb

#13 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 18 May 2017 06:54

Aw man I don't know what to do then. Isn't there anyone legally I could talk to?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#14 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Pote Snitkin » 18 May 2017 07:09

If there were no signs, and you can prove that, then that sorts out any appeal.

Bxtreb

#15 Re: NPC fine now Dcbl letter of debt recovery. Not enough signs

Post by Bxtreb » 18 May 2017 15:37

There was signs to the left on the first two bays but not the one on the back