Newlyn Penalty Charge Luton Council

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
LutonCouncilSlayer

#1 Newlyn Penalty Charge Luton Council

Post by LutonCouncilSlayer » 19 May 2017 23:32

Hi All,

Please can you help.

On the 8th November 2016, I accidentally went into a bus lane in Luton town centre and several days later I received a penalty charge from Luton Borough Council. I appealed against the penalty, but my efforts were unsuccessful.

I received a few letters from LBC then Newlyn about paying it, but too be honest I just ignored them.

On Monday 15th May 2017 a guy on a moped put a letter through my door, I immediately jumped up and caught him getting on his bike. I asked him who he was and he simply replied, "I'm a courier" and "the letter is from the bailiffs". I didn't accept it or confirm the name on the letter - the courier sped off.

On Thursday 18th May 2017, two big guys rang my house at 07.30 and demanded I pay £408.00 - I think the original charge was roughly £50-75. They had put a clamp on my car and were talking about towing it away. I must say I was fuming, but having these idiots at my door and my Mrs going nuts - I decided to pay it.

Now my Mrs has calmed down and I've had a day to think about it, I know I did the wrong thing. I was going to try and cancel the payment with my bank because I paid with my debit card - however I need a long term plan before I do this or they will simply come back.

Does anyone have any advice for me please?

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Newlyn Penalty Charge Luton Council

Post by Schedule 12 » 20 May 2017 09:48

LutonCouncilSlayer wrote:
19 May 2017 23:32
Hi All,

Please can you help.

On the 8th November 2016, I accidentally went into a bus lane in Luton town centre and several days later I received a penalty charge from Luton Borough Council. I appealed against the penalty, but my efforts were unsuccessful.

I received a few letters from LBC then Newlyn about paying it, but too be honest I just ignored them.

On Monday 15th May 2017 a guy on a moped put a letter through my door, I immediately jumped up and caught him getting on his bike. I asked him who he was and he simply replied, "I'm a courier" and "the letter is from the bailiffs". I didn't accept it or confirm the name on the letter - the courier sped off.

You might be a victim of a "hit & run" fraud. It is designed to abuse the rule attracting a £235 attendance fee when no bailiff has attended.

This article explains how the scam works:

http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... terbox.htm

Can you show a copy of the document? hide your name and address.

On Thursday 18th May 2017, two big guys rang my house at 07.30 and demanded I pay £408.00 - I think the original charge was roughly £50-75. They had put a clamp on my car and were talking about towing it away. I must say I was fuming, but having these idiots at my door and my Mrs going nuts - I decided to pay it.

Now my Mrs has calmed down and I've had a day to think about it, I know I did the wrong thing. I was going to try and cancel the payment with my bank because I paid with my debit card - however I need a long term plan before I do this or they will simply come back.

Does anyone have any advice for me please?

Let's see the hit and run document, and can you run this checklist and tell us where else the debt and enforcement has failed:

http://beatthebailiffs.org/stop-parking ... ifffs.html
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk