Zzps debt collector seized my car

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Flea

#1 Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Flea » 17 Sep 2017 10:37

I've just returned home and my car is missin. Called the police and tracker company and it is now 30 miles away on some farm in Worthing. Zzps have taken it for outstanding tickets. When asked how much are the tickets for, no one knows.

Can a debt collector remove goods without a warrant?

First they demanded £1500 and two days later they're demanding £5000. Apparently, the car was taken on the 5th September but I wasn't informed by post or letter through my door, hence the phone call to the police and tracker company.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 Sep 2017 11:59

Who told you ZZPS took it? How come you've only just noticed it gone?
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Flea

#3 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Flea » 17 Sep 2017 12:24

The car has a tracker, the police went to the address and they were informed by the persons at the address that they removed the car due to unpaid fines. I've been away and my app alerted me that my car alarm had been activated. On my return 14 days later (valid ticket in windscreen) had been remove (gone).

Can a debt collector remove goods e.g. Without a court warrant?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#4 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 Sep 2017 12:29

No, a debt collector doesn't have those powers, only a bailiff or the police do. If neither of those authorised the removal then this needs to be reported as a theft. The police can be a little slow with these type of situations so get back to us if you need any further advice.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Schedule 12

#5 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Schedule 12 » 17 Sep 2017 13:15

You need to find out who the CREDITOR is and work from there.

You almost certainly have a cause of action if the car was taken without notice. The Bailiff has burden of proof that notice was given to the Debtor.

Post back when you know the creditor and we can show you the procedure to recover the vehicle and claim damages.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Flea

#6 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Flea » 17 Sep 2017 13:45

The creditors are Indigo working for railways

Schedule 12

#7 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Schedule 12 » 17 Sep 2017 13:51

Who is the bailiff company?

This looks like high court writ.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Flea

#8 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Flea » 17 Sep 2017 14:10

The debt collector company is Zzps.

Flea

#9 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Flea » 17 Sep 2017 14:12

I've never had documentation referencing a high court writ. If it was a high court writ wouldn't I receive or be sent paperwork referring to a writ. When I spoke to them they mention no CCJ or writ just a debt owing that they want to collect.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#10 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 Sep 2017 14:27

Was the car parked at a railway station?

Flea

#11 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Flea » 17 Sep 2017 14:30

In a parking bay outside my house. They've informed that the road is owned by the railway and now they've posted signs.

Should I pay the money, park somewhere where they can't do this again then take legal action.

Why don't these people just take people to court to recover money owing?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#12 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 Sep 2017 15:10

So, at the time you parked it there were no signs saying parking was prohibited?

Right, this is where it gets more complicated. Cars parked on property owned by the railways can be clamped and removed, with no bailiffs needed. However, they can only be removed if they are causing an obstruction. For example, a car parked in a bay at a railway station cannot be removed if it has no ticket. If it was parked in a non-designated parking area, ticket or not, it can be removed.

You seem to be saying that the signs have been put up after you parked there. What do they say exactly? A photo would be helpful.

Flea

#13 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Flea » 17 Sep 2017 15:48

I was parked in a bay and the new Dugan age went up seven months ago, these tickets apparently date back two years ago.

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#14 Re: Zzps debt collector seized my car

Post by Pote Snitkin » 17 Sep 2017 16:11

You're bouncing this around a bit. If you've got 5k to spare then by all means pay and reclaim. However, my first step would be to approach the creditor, in this case Indigo, and demand all details regarding these parking charge notices - date of issue, NTO letter, etc.

As it's a civil matter, they would've needed to take you to court for payment. Ask them for the details of claim.

Ask them if ZZPS are authorised to remove a vehicle for an historic debt. Ask them for any bailiff notices. If they cannot provide anything then, as I said previously, the car must be reported as stolen.