Letter from Collectica

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Roberto

#1 Letter from Collectica

Post by Roberto » 29 Sep 2017 19:21

Hi Can anybody help me please

Few weeks ago I received a letter from Collectica saying that I have to pay £1121 fines. This is fines are from my old car that I sold last year. I sent all the documents to dvla but I don't know why I ve got all these fines. Anyway I explained collectica that I am not the owner of that car anymore and they told me to send all my evidence to admin@collectica.co.uk wich I did
They put my case on hold for 14 days but I didn't receive anything from them,after that a bailiff came to my house to collect the money,but because I wasn't home,I was on my holiday,they said that my case gone back to the court so I have to pay a court fine now (I don't know what is that) and I will be arrested when I arrive in uk on the airport

My question is what shall I do now?
Shall I send all my evidence to the HMCTS London SE & C (Warrant)?? Do they accept it (I sold that car on Facebook so I don't have any receipt)
The main problem is the fines keep coming,I am so desperate,I don't know what to do...
Can anyone advice me please

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Sep 2017 09:58

If you did not know of the fines until after you were convicted then do a section 14 On each fine. Then the court must disclose the information giving rise to each conviction and you can decide whether to defend it or pay the fine.

http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Co ... iliffs.htm
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Roberto

#3 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Roberto » 30 Sep 2017 11:09

Hi there
Thanks a lot for your quick response
I had only one big fine £1121 when I called collectica to pay this fine they said i can't because the fine returned to the court but I ve got another one with 200 if I want to pay that (I didn't receive anything in the post box yet )
The 1121 fine was like an enforcement i didn't know anything about those fines till I had the letter from Collectica
If I send the documents that I have to the court do they take it in consideration? If I speak with a lawyer is any chance to get away with the fines?

Amy
Admin

#4 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Amy » 30 Sep 2017 12:13

Are the fines yours from when you owned the car or fines from after you sold it?

Roberto

#5 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Roberto » 30 Sep 2017 14:22

I sold the car March 2016 and all the fines are in June 2016
I ve got the evidence that I canceled my insurance policy day after I sold the car so the fines are after I sold the car

Thanks
I think they just want the money,they won't listen to what I want to say...unfortunately

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 Sep 2017 15:01

Cancelling of insurance wouldn't be enough proof. Did you sort out the V5 document? That would be your absolute proof. Have you contacted DVLA to see who they have as the registered keeper.

Just to add for information, changing the owner on the V5 can all be done online - DVLA don't have the best record of dealing with postal changes so I'd advise anyone to just go to their website.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Roberto

#7 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Roberto » 30 Sep 2017 15:47

I thought after I sent all the documents I am not the owner anymore,after the fines I called dvla and they said that I was still the owner.I don't have the v5 or the recipient of selling.I sold it on Facebook. First fine came from Newlyn and they accepted all my evidence but Collectica didn't accept. I don't know if is a good idea to write to HMCTS London SE & C (Warrant) and try to explain the whole situation

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#8 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Pote Snitkin » 30 Sep 2017 18:45

In that case, as advised earlier, you'll need to complete a section 14 statutory declaration and send it to the court.

In the meantime gather as much evidence of the sale of the car that you can find - the FB ad, who you sold it to, the price and so forth.
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Roberto

#9 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Roberto » 30 Sep 2017 18:51

Can you please tell me a bit more about what is section 14 statutory declaration and why is important to complete that

Thanks a lot for your time

Schedule 12

#10 Re: Letter from Collectica

Post by Schedule 12 » 30 Sep 2017 22:20

Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk