Did not receive letter of enforcement

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Red dog

#1 Did not receive letter of enforcement

Post by Red dog » 26 Oct 2017 19:07

Hi
I had a marstons bailiff come to my house threatening to take stuff while I was at work, he said I had been sent a letter, which I did not receive, and I must pay £425 immediately.
He left some paper work with information on it and my reference number, which when I called marstons turned out to be the wrong reference number.
Was hoping for some advise as to what I can do?

Thanks guys

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: Did not receive letter of enforcement

Post by Pote Snitkin » 26 Oct 2017 20:11

I assume this is for a parking ticket?

There is no power of forced entry for this debt but the bailiff can take anything of value from outside, eg car, bike etc.

Were you aware of the ticket? What paperwork have you had?
On 29/07/17, Compo said "If you are interested I actually typed the word label. My spell checker interpreted it as liable" Discuss.

Red dog

#3 Re: Did not receive letter of enforcement

Post by Red dog » 26 Oct 2017 20:46

Yes it’s a parking ticket

I was aware of the ticket as I appealed it because the colour written on the ticket is different to the van.
It was up to £105 when the appeal was knocked back I forgot about it and the next thing is the bailiff turned up at my house saying a letter had been sent which I definitely did not receive

Amy
Admin

#4 Re: Did not receive letter of enforcement

Post by Amy » 26 Oct 2017 22:07

You appealed your ticket because the colour of your van was incorrect?

Red dog

#5 Re: Did not receive letter of enforcement

Post by Red dog » 26 Oct 2017 22:59

Yes on the ticket it said white but the van is blue, I thought it was worth a shot

Schedule 12

#6 Re: Did not receive letter of enforcement

Post by Schedule 12 » 28 Oct 2017 19:45

Red dog wrote:the next thing is the bailiff turned up at my house saying a letter had been sent which I definitely did not receive
Bailiff companies do not post the notice of Enforcement because they stand to gain financially. They attract a much higher fee by attending in ambush and taking enforcement steps knowing the debtor is not expecting them. Bailiffs rely on debtors being less informed of the requirement of being given a statutory notice and gain a much higher fee.

Here is more. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/TC ... tion6.html
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk