Bailiff for PCN at old address - I think I'm classed as vulnerable

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Ferrit

#1 Bailiff for PCN at old address - I think I'm classed as vulnerable

Post by Ferrit » 14 Nov 2017 23:51

Hi

This issue has come to light as my old landlord told me bailiffs came round for me. It was for PCN that I sent a cheque for to Manchester council. They said didn't receive it. I did a TE9 form saying I made representations to the council and that I had sent the cheque. I thought it was sorted as didn't hear anything else. I moved a while ago so it must have taken a long time.

I called the council they said they can't deal with it as with equita. I got the letters off my old landlord and called the bailiff mobile. I explained I'd moved and I was going to contact the court and try to get it sent back. He was very rude and said this was his job and put the phone down!

I have called TEC and they have sent me the out of time form TE7 and TE9. I am trying to get a Drs note as I suffer with depression ( for a long time) Drs aware of my situation. Also I'm a single mum and the council know that from my council tax single person discount.

I'm worried my Drs note my take a few days and they might find my new address etc in the mean time.

Questions
1 I read somewhere I can try to get the bailiff fees removed as I'm vulnerable? Or get the council to take it back from them?
2 should I wait for Drs note about depression etc? The court form says have to send all evidence for the out of time form together or won't be used

I have moved a few times recently due to family issues and I may have received an equita letter at the address but not got them as somebody else may have opened it. I moved in September and the bailiff came 2nd Nov

Thanks and any help much appreciated

Ferrit

#2 Re: Bailiff for PCN at old address - I think I'm classed as vulnerable

Post by Ferrit » 16 Nov 2017 00:02

Hi

Have I posted this in the correct place?
Any advice really appreciated
I went to the doctors today but will take a week for my doctors note confirming I suffer with depression and it will also have my new address

Should I wait for this or just send my out of time TE7 to TEC? I plan to say I didn't receive the notice of enforcement (or other letters) as moved address due to domestic issues ( backed up by doctors note)

Or should I contact the council and say I am a lone parent suffer with depression and I can I deal directly with the council?

Thanks

Schedule 12

#3 Re: Bailiff for PCN at old address - I think I'm classed as vulnerable

Post by Schedule 12 » 16 Nov 2017 13:12

Ferrit wrote:
14 Nov 2017 23:51
Hi

This issue has come to light as my old landlord told me bailiffs came round for me. It was for PCN that I sent a cheque for to Manchester council. They said didn't receive it. I did a TE9 form saying I made representations to the council and that I had sent the cheque. I thought it was sorted as didn't hear anything else. I moved a while ago so it must have taken a long time.

I called the council they said they can't deal with it as with equita. I got the letters off my old landlord and called the bailiff mobile. I explained I'd moved and I was going to contact the court and try to get it sent back. He was very rude and said this was his job and put the phone down!

I have called TEC and they have sent me the out of time form TE7 and TE9. I am trying to get a Drs note as I suffer with depression ( for a long time) Drs aware of my situation.
Get yourt doctor to complete a MALG evidence form. The regulations state the bailiff cannot take control of goods from line vulnerable people and may not recover fees or costs from them.

Also I'm a single mum and the council know that from my council tax single person discount.

I'm worried my Drs note my take a few days and they might find my new address etc in the mean time.
Invite the council to withdraw enforcement action because you are a vulnerable person for the purpose fo civil enforcement.

Questions
1 I read somewhere I can try to get the bailiff fees removed as I'm vulnerable? Or get the council to take it back from them?
See this article: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Ba ... eholds.htm

[/quote]
2 should I wait for Drs note about depression etc? The court form says have to send all evidence for the out of time form together or won't be used [/quote]

Get all your evidence together, and invite the council to cease enforcement until it had considered your evidence.

I have moved a few times recently due to family issues and I may have received an equita letter at the address but not got them as somebody else may have opened it. I moved in September and the bailiff came 2nd Nov

That means you may not have been given a Notice of Enforcement. Enforcement would fail: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/TC ... tion6.html

Thanks and any help much appreciated
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk