Tfl tram fine from 2007 I didn't know anything about it -marston came to old address yesterday

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Fox81

#1 Tfl tram fine from 2007 I didn't know anything about it -marston came to old address yesterday

Post by Fox81 » 15 Dec 2017 07:10

I had Marstons put an enforcement notice through the door yesterday at an address I no longer live at, my dad still lives there. I called the number and he says I have to pay £500 in court and bailiff fines for being caught on a tram without a ticket in 2007, I know nothing about this at all. I have had no correspondence from the courts or from anyone about this until now. Also I am classes as vulnerable because I have a child with a disability and my dad is also vulnerable as he is elderly and and disabled. What should I do about this because I did not get on the tram without paying and I never knew anything about it until now!

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Tfl tram fine from 2007 I didn't know anything about it -marston came to old address yesterday

Post by Schedule 12 » 15 Dec 2017 13:14

Fox81 wrote:
15 Dec 2017 07:10
I had Marstons put an enforcement notice through the door yesterday at an address I no longer live at, my dad still lives there. I called the number and he says I have to pay £500 in court and bailiff fines for being caught on a tram without a ticket in 2007, I know nothing about this at all.

Its well out of time because its a non-indictable offence. Section 127 of the Magistrates Courts Act 1980 states:

[/u](1)Except as otherwise expressly provided by any enactment and subject to subsection (2) below, a magistrates’ court shall not try an information or hear a complaint unless the information was laid, or the complaint made, within 6 months from the time when the offence was committed, or the matter of complaint arose.[/u][/list]

I have had no correspondence from the courts or from anyone about this until now. Also I am classes as vulnerable because I have a child with a disability and my dad is also vulnerable as he is elderly and and disabled. What should I do about this because I did not get on the tram without paying and I never knew anything about it until now!

I think you are a victim of a recent policy to revive historic unpaid court fines. You must make a sworn statutory,sworn before a solicitor, take photo ID with you, and there is a small fee £5. Make a copy and send the originalk by recorded delivery. Do not send it by ordinary post becuase service of the declaration will fail. So I'll shout it again, it must be sent by RECORDED DELIVERY. I hope you got the message it must only be sent by recorded delivery.

Here is a Template. You do not need the 2nd letter i the template because you have not paid the fine.

That will stop the enforcement and quash the conviction.

DO NOT follow advice elsewhere on the internet that says you must book an appointment to make a statutory declaration. That advice is wrong. Here is why: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Co ... iliffs.htm
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk