Bailiff lying

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Glennyboy

#1 Bailiff lying

Post by Glennyboy » 21 Dec 2017 18:20

At beginning of October I had the pleasure of 2 baliffs from Jbw to collect a debt
It was for an ex gf that hadn't lived at my address since Feb. I explained that she didn't live here but they said it was of no concern to them as the warrant was for the address not the person. I now know that to not be true
They said that either I pay £997 or they take my stuff
I repeatedly said it wasn't my fine but they were very intimidating
They never showed me a warrant and after an hour I did pay as they were making phone calls for a truck to remove my stuff.
Stupidly I had let them
I'm to prove that the ex no longer lived here
There reasoning was that cos we had a child together she still had contact at my address whether she lived there or not
I have made a complaint to the baliff firm but they are dragging their heels over it even tho a lady at there end said they can't take someone else's goods or force them to pay
Can anyone shed some light on this
I did see a solicitor yesterday and he gave me a few routes to try

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Bailiff lying

Post by Schedule 12 » 21 Dec 2017 18:42

Glennyboy wrote:
21 Dec 2017 18:20
At beginning of October I had the pleasure of 2 baliffs from Jbw to collect a debt
It was for an ex gf that hadn't lived at my address since Feb. I explained that she didn't live here but they said it was of no concern to them as the warrant was for the address not the person.
Wrong.

The warrant of control is against a person or a company. The bailiff may only take control of goods that belong to the debtor. Paragraph 10 of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.

I now know that to not be true
They said that either I pay £997 or they take my stuff
I repeatedly said it wasn't my fine but they were very intimidating
They never showed me a warrant and after an hour I did pay as they were making phone calls for a truck to remove my stuff.
Stupidly I had let them
I'm to prove that the ex no longer lived here
There reasoning was that cos we had a child together she still had contact at my address whether she lived there or not
I have made a complaint to the baliff firm but they are dragging their heels over it even tho a lady at there end said they can't take someone else's goods or force them to pay
Can anyone shed some light on this
I did see a solicitor yesterday and he gave me a few routes to try
You can bring an action in the small claims court to recover the money. You must emphasize in your witness statement that you did not voluntarily make over a sum of money, and the coercion was made under the pain of having your goods taken into control to pay a debt owned by another.

Do not engage with the bailiff company. They will mess you about.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk