Marstons denying direct debit?!

Stop or Suspend Enforcement. Appeal the PCN. Claim Damages for Unlawful Interference with Vehicles.
Missymaggy

#1 Marstons denying direct debit?!

Post by Missymaggy » 03 Feb 2018 18:25

Hi all,

I’m October I received a letter from Marstons saying I owed £175 for an unpaid parking fine (bus lane) from 2016. I knew nothing about it but after trying to sort it out with the council and failing I decided to just set up a direct debit and get them off my back. (I had moved house and never received the fine!) I thought no more of it as my partner is pregnant and we have other things to worry about.

This evening I went to get in my van for work (I work for emergency services) and realised I’d been clamped! Marstons left a note saying I had 2 hours to pay or they would remove it. They wanted £408 and said the reason was that I had defaulted on my agreement?!

The enforcement officer checked my account and could see they had taken 2 payments of £1 which would suggest this was when DD was set up but nothing after? I’ve had to pay so I could get to work but now feel enraged that my pregnant partner was put through this stress yet again...and I’m out of pocket for THEIR mistake!

Where do I go from here?

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#2 Re: Marstons denying direct debit?!

Post by Pote Snitkin » 03 Feb 2018 18:47

Check your online banking for all DD's set up. If Marston's is on there, then get back onto them and ask why they never took payment. However, make sure you check whether they did try to take payment and it bounced.

Missymaggy

#3 Re: Marstons denying direct debit?!

Post by Missymaggy » 03 Feb 2018 18:52

I have evidence that Money was in my account every month so it absolutely did not bounce...I’m so confused?!

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#4 Re: Marstons denying direct debit?!

Post by Pote Snitkin » 03 Feb 2018 19:02

If the DD's are showing as active, take a screenshot. Get back on to Marston's to ask why no payments were taken, and had they taken the payments then a visit wouldn't have been needed and demand the refund of £235.

Did you actually speak to someone when setting up the DD?

Missymaggy

#5 Re: Marstons denying direct debit?!

Post by Missymaggy » 03 Feb 2018 19:07

Yes so we plan to request the recording of the call...but I’m sure they’ll deny us of that!

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#6 Re: Marstons denying direct debit?!

Post by Pote Snitkin » 03 Feb 2018 19:26

Send the screenshot, tell them to listen to the recording and demand the enforcement fee of £235 to be returned. They've got no excuses. If they mess you around contact the creditor - they remain liable for all actions the bailiff takes.