Collectica advice

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#36 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Pote Snitkin » 23 Dec 2015 10:11

Higher rate DLA guarantees a badge. Other's have to be further assessed.
It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. - Benjamin Franklin

On 22/2/17, Peterbard said "taking control of goods and selling them does not actually mean taking control of goods and selling them." Discuss.

Amy
Admin

#37 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Amy » 23 Dec 2015 10:12

That will be because your mother is unable to walk far though. Epilepsy is not the same.

stopbailiff

#38 Re: Collectica advice

Post by stopbailiff » 23 Dec 2015 13:36

Steve 1976 wrote:Also out of interest, my daughter has epilepsy which is still not under control with medication so our car is essential to us because of her health issues, the first thing he said he would "just take the car" "you will wake up one morning and it won't be there" (I would love to meet him on a night out)!!! is there anything in place that would stop him seizing or taking our car due to medical needs?
1. If your son/ daughter is less than 3 you may be eligible under Blue Badge amended Regulations 2011. If you can get a Blue Badge, your car is 'exempt goods' under the Bailiff Regs 2013.

2. Apply for Blue Badge to your local council (just by calling and making an appointment) regardless if she is over 3 years' old (you have nothing to lose). However, it is for your council and agencies to assess your daughter and the law is so not straight forward. If your application fails, ask for a reconsideration.

Cite the law:

Equality Act 2010: discrimination to protected categories include disabled persons.

You could argue that not by giving you a Blue Badge to benefit a young, old, or just vulnerable/ disabled passenger, it has the effect of direct or indirect discrimination. It simply puts on undue burden on you in that you need rapid access to the car to deal with epilepsy emergencies, whereas non disabled children do not have such problems. A Blue Badge would permit you to park the car locally on Disability spaces, ie in car parks.

Human Rights

You could also potentially say such discrimination against your daughter has the effect of an incompatible act by a public authority (ie the council) under Convention Articles applicable to the Human Rights Act 1998. It is a Human Rights violation to discriminate in any form under the European Convention of Human Rights' Articles, as interpreted by the Human Rights' Court.

Andy

#39 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Andy » 23 Dec 2015 16:00

You mean the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013.
2nd Year University Law Student.

stopbailiff

#40 Re: Collectica advice

Post by stopbailiff » 23 Dec 2015 17:30

Andy wrote:You mean the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013.
Let's call a spade a spade...besides am sick of citing the law to LLB standards...besides everyone knows what i mean by now.

Mark1960

#41 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Mark1960 » 23 Dec 2015 17:52

stopbailiff wrote:
Let's call a spade a spade...besides am sick of citing the law to LLB standards...besides everyone knows what i mean by now.
Pote-Notice the ...'s? :lol:

Its Drocca Legal Aggggghhhhh

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#42 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Pote Snitkin » 23 Dec 2015 18:33

Well, Drocca is a Liverpool fan, so with 'stopbailiff' from the same area, that fits.
It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. - Benjamin Franklin

On 22/2/17, Peterbard said "taking control of goods and selling them does not actually mean taking control of goods and selling them." Discuss.

Mark1960

#43 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Mark1960 » 23 Dec 2015 18:48

He needs a smack in the chops just for supporting Liverpool.

He needs his head stamping on for the miles on inane drivel he's posted both on here & YT

PS-Don't mention Andrews v Bolton Council - Drocca thinks Andrews won the case & that Rons crazy ideas actually work :lol:

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#44 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Pote Snitkin » 23 Dec 2015 18:51

Mark1960 wrote:He needs a smack in the chops just for supporting Liverpool.
Says the Villa fan.... :xmas_mrgreen:

Mark1960

#45 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Mark1960 » 23 Dec 2015 18:58

I wished you wouldn't have mentioned that-Its not something I'm currently advertising. :xmas_sad:

Andy

#46 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Andy » 23 Dec 2015 21:45

stopbailiff wrote:
Do you think a debtor who is having bailiff troubles will know what you're talking about? You're telling someone to cite the law, and then giving them a name that doesn't exist.
2nd Year University Law Student.

jasonDWB

#47 Re: Collectica advice

Post by jasonDWB » 23 Dec 2015 22:44

What are "LLB standards" when citing the law?

Im familiar with legal drafting standards and technique, but Ive never heard it called LLB standards.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here

stopbailiff

#48 Re: Collectica advice

Post by stopbailiff » 24 Dec 2015 11:44

LLB pertains to the qualifying law degree standard

stopbailiff

#49 Re: Collectica advice

Post by stopbailiff » 24 Dec 2015 11:55

Andy wrote:
stopbailiff wrote:
Do you think a debtor who is having bailiff troubles will know what you're talking about? You're telling someone to cite the law, and then giving them a name that doesn't exist.
It's very unlikely the average person could understand statute or statutory instruments except where someone who is au fait were to point them in the right direction, so to speak. I doubt in the grand scheme of things the average person knows what a hierarchy of law is and of it which instrument/s is/ are the binding powers/ authorities. So, it's just either easy to say the government says or the law says, or Regs say. Regulations, notwithstanding the above, could also pertain to EU jurisdictions. Technically the TCG Regs 2013 are merely secondary legislation and are inferior to the Parent Act. However, to the unknowing it would mean little to nothing to explain these things, so the law says is best perhaps.

jasonDWB

#50 Re: Collectica advice

Post by jasonDWB » 24 Dec 2015 12:21

stopbailiff wrote:LLB pertains to the qualifying law degree standard
I know what an LLB is. I don't have one, but many of my colleagues do.

Still not sure what "LLB Standards" are when citing law.

I just cite it like everyone else. Whether its a trust deed, witness statement or other legal instrument. I give it as it says on the statute book.

All those set asides, stays and interpleader claims. They contain law citations, in fact, they are all computer generated taken straight from client online input. Example. http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/fo ... p?id=41139 but the generated forms and paperwork quotes the law as it says, and even quotes the text. That is to assist the court to determine the claim.

stopbailiff

#51 Re: Collectica advice

Post by stopbailiff » 24 Dec 2015 14:18

LLB means one has to write formally and cite the law in detail when studying LLB law.

jasonDWB

#52 Re: Collectica advice

Post by jasonDWB » 24 Dec 2015 15:13

What is LLB law?

leebob1974

#53 Re: Collectica advice

Post by leebob1974 » 18 Jun 2017 07:39

Totally off topic Jason, but I spotted the comment about your mothers hips. I have onset scoliosis of the spine after hurtling off a roof, which effects the way I walk and causes hip and knee pain. I recently started taking glucosamine and chondroitin supplement. It has had a remarkable effect on my pain levels and allowed me to drastically reduce codeine intake. Maybe this might help your mums mobility. Sorry to dive in on unrelated topic, but constant pain is pretty soul destroying.

Regards,
Leebob

jasonDWB

#54 Re: Collectica advice

Post by jasonDWB » 19 Jun 2017 12:27

She had both hips replaced, but now it's her ankles that are giving way. I put her on the list to get them done.

I don't think Glucosamine and chondroitin would help as these are remedies for arthritis. Her problem is osteo (weak bone).

Pote Snitkin
The Watcher

#55 Re: Collectica advice

Post by Pote Snitkin » 19 Jun 2017 13:36

jasonDWB wrote:
19 Jun 2017 12:27
She had both hips replaced, but now it's her ankles that are giving way. I put her on the list to get them done.
I had an aunt like that - both hips, both knees.... we used to call her Darth Vader.