MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Post Reply
User avatar
Pote Snitkin
The Watcher
Posts: 6012
Joined: 28 Apr 2014 09:43
Location: In your loft, waiting

#176 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Pote Snitkin » 22 Apr 2017 12:07

The way I understand events is:
  • Anamsey had a visit from TVL. They did their usual deception of getting someone to sign a document without telling them it was an admission of guilt. She was fined in October in her absence as she was unaware of proceedings.

    In Dec/Jan, she received a notification of the fine from the court. Unaware of her rights and legislation she set up a plan to repay it at £5 per week. She defaulted on this, eventually leading to bailiff action.

    Anamsey joined here on 30th March seeking advice. She felt the advice was wrong as the bailiff was doing the exact opposite of what we were advising - she believed the bailiff was reading the thread. Anamsey tried to file a SD but didn't follow the correct procedure so it was ignored.

    Eventually on 10th April, the bailiff forced entry.

    Anamsey then posted on LB with the name Namsey. Ploddertom realised it was the same person so sent a PM telling her to contact Milo and providing her contact details. He probably thought he could make us look bad.

    Anamsey contacted Milo but soon realised she was feeding info to the bailiff, info that only she knew, and discovered she was 'gloating' about her case on the 'BHF Wrong' site. Milo was also encouraging Anamsey to make payment to the bailiff instead of filing a s14 SD. I raised this on LB as 'sweet chilli', exposed Milo and Plodder's deception, and all hell broke loose.

    Anamsey eventually returned here, filed the SD properly and has now been notified of a new hearing. Bailiff fees have been removed and she will now get the chance to mitigate at court. As new sentencing guidelines came in this month, this could even see the fine completely removed.

    In the meantime, the ghouls over on the 'Wrong' site continue to belittle and abuse Anamsey.
It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. - Benjamin Franklin

On 22/2/17, Peterbard said "taking control of goods and selling them does not actually mean taking control of goods and selling them." Discuss.

User avatar
Michelle
Moderator
Posts: 1806
Joined: 10 Nov 2014 14:42
Location: Nuvion

#177 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Michelle » 22 Apr 2017 12:36

Would the new sentencing guidelines apply to an "offence" committed last year, before they came into force?
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

User avatar
jasonDWB
Posts: 14826
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 21:23
Contact:

#178 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by jasonDWB » 22 Apr 2017 12:38

They apply on the day of sentencing.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here

Anamsey
Posts: 96
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 16:18

#179 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Anamsey » 22 Apr 2017 13:01

Pote Snitkin wrote:
22 Apr 2017 12:07
The way I understand events is:
  • Anamsey had a visit from TVL. They did their usual deception of getting someone to sign a document without telling them it was an admission of guilt. She was fined in October in her absence as she was unaware of proceedings.

    In Dec/Jan, she received a notification of the fine from the court. Unaware of her rights and legislation she set up a plan to repay it at £5 per week. She defaulted on this, eventually leading to bailiff action.

    Anamsey joined here on 30th March seeking advice. She felt the advice was wrong as the bailiff was doing the exact opposite of what we were advising - she believed the bailiff was reading the thread. Anamsey tried to file a SD but didn't follow the correct procedure so it was ignored.

    Eventually on 10th April, the bailiff forced entry.

    Anamsey then posted on LB with the name Namsey. Ploddertom realised it was the same person so sent a PM telling her to contact Milo and providing her contact details. He probably thought he could make us look bad.

    Anamsey contacted Milo but soon realised she was feeding info to the bailiff, info that only she knew, and discovered she was 'gloating' about her case on the 'BHF Wrong' site. Milo was also encouraging Anamsey to make payment to the bailiff instead of filing a s14 SD. I raised this on LB as 'sweet chilli', exposed Milo and Plodder's deception, and all hell broke loose.

    Anamsey eventually returned here, filed the SD properly and has now been notified of a new hearing. Bailiff fees have been removed and she will now get the chance to mitigate at court. As new sentencing guidelines came in this month, this could even see the fine completely removed.

    In the meantime, the ghouls over on the 'Wrong' site continue to belittle and abuse Anamsey.
Yes!!!! In the meantime milo has been giving details out that she said would be confidential. I havent got anything to hide but just saying she promised confidentiality!!!!

Anamsey
Posts: 96
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 16:18

#180 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Anamsey » 22 Apr 2017 13:04

Anyway, getting back to going to court,

Do i need to get my hospital papers with regards to all the issues i had at the time? When the very nice lady took my details.

Do i need to get husbands details from hospital with him chopping his thumb off? And its affecting his whole arm now because hes in a lot pain and the hospital have said it will be because of his thumb injury. He's in and out of hospital and now waiting for dr to send him to specialist and physio and get steriod injections in his arm and shoulder.

User avatar
jasonDWB
Posts: 14826
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 21:23
Contact:

#181 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by jasonDWB » 22 Apr 2017 13:13

Sheila and Confidentiality in the same sentence. No way!
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here

Anamsey
Posts: 96
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 16:18

#182 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Anamsey » 22 Apr 2017 14:09

I have added a post in members only. I know this forum is about bailiffs only but any help or putting me in contact with someone who could help will be appreciated please.

Anamsey
Posts: 96
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 16:18

#183 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Anamsey » 22 Apr 2017 19:21

Michelle wrote:
22 Apr 2017 12:36
Would the new sentencing guidelines apply to an "offence" committed last year, before they came into force?
What guidelines?

User avatar
Pote Snitkin
The Watcher
Posts: 6012
Joined: 28 Apr 2014 09:43
Location: In your loft, waiting

#184 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Pote Snitkin » 22 Apr 2017 21:16

Still on their cesspit they fail to comprehend that Anamsey is not claiming she didn't eventually know about the fine but she didn't know of the PROCEEDINGS!!!!!

Had she known, she could have been present at court, admit her guilt but mitigate that guilt. That would likely have meant a lower fine than the default fine that was given.

Jebus H Corbett.... can they not even read what s14 says? Why are they so determined to wish ill-will on this poor woman?
It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority. - Benjamin Franklin

On 22/2/17, Peterbard said "taking control of goods and selling them does not actually mean taking control of goods and selling them." Discuss.

User avatar
jasonDWB
Posts: 14826
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 21:23
Contact:

#185 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by jasonDWB » 22 Apr 2017 22:03

Like bailiffs, they disregard the law whenever it becomes inconvenient.
Author, Dealing with Bailiffs. Beat the Bailiffs
Instant phone consultation with me: Click here

Anamsey
Posts: 96
Joined: 29 Mar 2017 16:18

#186 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Anamsey » 22 Apr 2017 22:11

Pote Snitkin wrote:
22 Apr 2017 21:16
Still on their cesspit they fail to comprehend that Anamsey is not claiming she didn't eventually know about the fine but she didn't know of the PROCEEDINGS!!!!!

Had she known, she could have been present at court, admit her guilt but mitigate that guilt. That would likely have meant a lower fine than the default fine that was given.

Jebus H Corbett.... can they not even read what s14 says? Why are they so determined to wish ill-will on this poor woman?
My understanding from everyone is a stat dec is for not knowing about the conviction. I wasnt aware of the original proceedings that led to the conviction and heafty fone. If i was i would have told them about my circumstances. Isn't that what you do when you go to court?

User avatar
Michelle
Moderator
Posts: 1806
Joined: 10 Nov 2014 14:42
Location: Nuvion

#187 Re: MARSTONS Coming back to collect full payment or break locks HELP

Post by Michelle » 23 Apr 2017 09:13

Anamsey wrote:
22 Apr 2017 19:21
Michelle wrote:
22 Apr 2017 12:36
Would the new sentencing guidelines apply to an "offence" committed last year, before they came into force?
What guidelines?
New guidelines come into force tomorrow: https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/mc ... nces-pdfs/

Here's the TV Licence one: https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/wp ... vasion.pdf
Listen very carefully, I shall post this only once:
Anything posted by me is from my own knowledge and experience, it is not legal advice or the official views of this forum.

Knowledge is Power.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest