Sticky situation paid debt twice :(

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Sophiedavis

#1 Sticky situation paid debt twice :(

Post by Sophiedavis » 23 Aug 2017 22:09

Hello everyone
Please can someone help I'm at the end of my tether with this , my partner is currently on remand under investigation and I cannot get access to his banks or wallet with reference numbers as his wallet is in the prison reception.
Last October my partner was sent to court in London for having weed in his possession he went to court the next week and had a £315 fine. He paid £60 cash on the day and a further £255 via card on telephone a week later
He had an issue when he initially called with them saying he hadn't paid anything and gave the reference number when they finally found the payment , a further one was given for the card payment.
He revived a letter from collectica stating they have a warrant and he has failed to pay the fine which now has a £75 compliance fee . I wasn't aware this is what it was for and I paid the amount straight away worrying what it was.
When I spoke to him and realised it was this payment I called the court who said it is a misunderstanding, they only have one payment on the system and it's impossible for him to have paid twice . He paid one and I paid one to the debt collectors . What do I do ??? Surely they should have it under his name , I can't call his banks for statements as it isn't a joint account, I'm worried when he is back the debt will be wiped of the system so we can't do anything about it , I am out of pocket now by £400 :( please help where has this second payment gone how do I prove it if they can't find the first one

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Sticky situation paid debt twice :(

Post by Schedule 12 » 24 Aug 2017 10:16

Sophiedavis wrote:
23 Aug 2017 22:09
He paid one and I paid one to the debt collectors . What do I do ???
You do a recvovery on the sum you paid the bailiff company.

Here is how: http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/Co ... edure.html

Surely they should have it under his name , I can't call his banks for statements as it isn't a joint account, I'm worried when he is back the debt will be wiped of the system so we can't do anything about it , I am out of pocket now by £400 :( please help where has this second payment gone how do I prove it if they can't find the first one
The money paid to the bailiff company will have gone straight in their pocket. Court service will never see that money.

The fact that court service says only one sum is paid is evidence the bailiff company has appropriated your money.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Sophiedavis

#3 Re: Sticky situation paid debt twice :(

Post by Sophiedavis » 24 Aug 2017 14:02

I called the court again and they have said there is definitely only one payment on there and taz from February 2017:( I payed collectica in June and they won't speak to me at all about anything and says I have to wait for my partner to speak to them as it's his debt they can't discuss with me .. so do I have to just accept this right now and be out of pocket :( , collectica are so rude and very unhelpful :(

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Sticky situation paid debt twice :(

Post by Schedule 12 » 24 Aug 2017 14:06

Just ask them to refund your money into your bank account (give account details) and set a deadline.

If no money then do a recovery in the small claims track.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk