Recovering bailiff fees timelimit?

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Amccarroll30

#1 Recovering bailiff fees timelimit?

Post by Amccarroll30 » 03 Sep 2017 15:26

Good afternoon,

Ive come across this forum after recommended to by a friend.

Looking through the posts I understand that once I paid the outstanding fine online to the court, the bailiffs fees no longer stood.

This is what I did, but then a bailiff still turned up to the house whilst I was at work, threating my partner (with 2 young children), that he would return by 6pm with the police and locksmiths.

From my understanding, the amount that I then paid by card to the bailiff (fine + his fees), I am able to claim back.

However, this all occured over 2 months ago. is there a timelimit for reclaiming the fees paid. In effect I paid the fine twice and bailiff fees.

Many thanks in advance
Adrian.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Recovering bailiff fees timelimit?

Post by Schedule 12 » 03 Sep 2017 16:18

6 years, or if you can show the bailiff defrauded you or made a mistake, there is no time limit at all.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Amccarroll30

#3 Re: Recovering bailiff fees timelimit?

Post by Amccarroll30 » 03 Sep 2017 16:37

Ok great thanks. I have found all letters and the email payment confirmation from hmcts. To whom would I complain to?

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Recovering bailiff fees timelimit?

Post by Schedule 12 » 03 Sep 2017 18:48

I wouldn't bother with a complaint. You get fobbed off.

Just give a letter before action setting out why and how much is owed. Set a deadline and include your bank details to pay the money.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk