Marston and Collectica

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Uthas

#1 Marston and Collectica

Post by Uthas » 12 Oct 2017 12:51

Hi all, I'm new here so I'll try and explain my problem as well as I can.

I've had a terrible 3 years mainly with drink problems and debt.
It's all came to a head at the back end of this year, I was arrested for drink driving and fined a sum of £1200. I was then arrested later on 3 years ago for doing something absolutley stupid at work by taking a pile of copper that was allegedly discarded on a building site I was working on even after asking if it belonged to anyone.

I've buried my head in the sand for a while now and tried to sort my life out and whilst I thought I had just gotten on the right track completley eradicating alcohol from my life and stupid decisions, I came off Facebook, every social media site I ever was on to focus on my life to make something of my self. I've had a letter from Marston asking me to pay upwards of £1,700 which I had a debt agreement payment plan in place. The arrangement was for £90 a week every Wednesday and whilst the first one was paid last week I'm now in trouble. I work Monday to Sunday 11am to 11pm. My mother called on my behalf yesterday to explain that I couldn't pay it yesterday as I don't get paid until this Friday 13th 2017. The agent told her that the office was open until 8pm but as I don't finish until 11pm there was no way of me contacting them as I work in a very sensitive environment for information so no phones are allowed.

I've called them this morning and now they're saying that the agreement is broken and they now want the payment in full which I absolutely cannot afford. I've been diagnosed as depressed in the past and was never actually signed off and I can' feel it creeping back in very quickly. I'm now at a point of wanting to pick the bottle back up with a hell of alot of pills and just fade to black.

Is there anything I can do as I am willing to pay this but they're making it so difficult!

Kind Regards for reading and any constructions made.

Ben.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Marston and Collectica

Post by Schedule 12 » 12 Oct 2017 16:39

If you don't have the money, there isn't much a bailiff can do about it. They will threaten you with police and breaking entry, but that is all they can do.

You are better off making an application to the court for more time to pay. That stops the enforcement and takes the bailiff out of the loop.

See if any of these apply to you, http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... -Fines.htm

If they do, then you can contact me for a consultation and can make the application to stop enforcement.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Uthas

#3 Re: Marston and Collectica

Post by Uthas » 12 Oct 2017 16:57

That's the thing I do have the money to pay it weekly. They just want it in full which is absolutle bollocks in my opinion especially when I have told them I want to pay it.

Thank you for your advice.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Marston and Collectica

Post by Schedule 12 » 12 Oct 2017 17:01

Then apply to the court for more time.

Bailiffs will mess you about and stick you over for fees. Applying under Section 85 of the Magistrates' Court Act 1980 for more time to pay will get the bailiff off your back.
Run this Checklist. If no joy, then we'll fix it
Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk