Car clamped on 2nd bailiff visit

Quash the Conviction. Revoke the Fees. Claim Damages for Improper Enforcement Action
Nicnut123

#1 Car clamped on 2nd bailiff visit

Post by Nicnut123 » 03 Feb 2018 06:56

Hi, so i received a magistrates court fine for a driving offence at end of September.. This was £567.00. Whilst at court, i stated i would not be able to pay in full. I filled in a form with all my earnings etc. I also had to do a course, which i paid and send away driving licence, which i did.
I do not recall ever receiving a letter regards the court fine or installments and working in events, october to december....i barely had time to sleep and stupidly forgot all about it or to chase. I may have received correspondence but i just cant find it. I called the court and they said it was sent.
Anyway, so Marstons visited my property. I was out of town when they sent the 7 day notice to attend, so hadnt made contact. I arrive home and at 7am a bailiff is banging, kicking, trying the handle of my door. Even if i had the cash in my hand, i in no way would have answered the door to this mad man in the dark. 20 minutes then he stopped, then sat in his car for 45 mins then left notice stating will be back to remove goods etc etc and my bill is now £900. I called the court to ask if i could pay fine directly or set up installments. They said i need to deal with bailiff. Bailiff would not let me either.

Day 2 exact same thing, 7am, crazy kicking and banging on my door, he again sat outside for 45 mins then left. He put a notice through my door basically stating control of my car, which is now clamped. I called him, said i cant pay in full, happy to pay a few hundred now and can i set up installments. No. No. No. Too late. I need in full.
A week passed and he is back again saying he has booked the locksmith and a van to come take my things.
I said i can probably manage to pay the fine amount tomorrow if i get advance from work, but not the fees and could that part possibly be installments. No. Too late.
I am thinking of just paying the court fine online. However, they have my car clamped? Will they still take it anyway as hes saying now more fees are going to be added.
I completely understand it was my fault, but im only human and working 18 hour days in the run up to Christmas....thats your only focus.
So, if i pay the fine part...can they still take my car and enter my property for other things. My car is not worth much at all.

Schedule 12

#2 Re: Car clamped on 2nd bailiff visit

Post by Schedule 12 » 03 Feb 2018 08:38

http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/fo ... p?id=42597

Tell us what it flags up and we can see what remedies are available to you.
I'm not a solicitor, but I work as a paralegal for solicitors bringing cases involving non-compliant enforcement action.

Author: dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk

Phone consultation with me

Enforcement compliance Checklist

Nicnut123

#3 Re: Car clamped on 2nd bailiff visit

Post by Nicnut123 » 03 Feb 2018 09:14

Yes what i am having the issue of trying to get an answer to is...if you are paying the fine AFTER they have clamped my vehicle in my driveway. Are they still able to tske control of my car as payment for their fees and still enter my propery.

Schedule 12

#4 Re: Car clamped on 2nd bailiff visit

Post by Schedule 12 » 04 Feb 2018 15:24

They can take their fee but as your car has been clamped there is no need to enter property.
I'm not a solicitor, but I work as a paralegal for solicitors bringing cases involving non-compliant enforcement action.

Nicnut123

#5 Re: Car clamped on 2nd bailiff visit

Post by Nicnut123 » 05 Feb 2018 09:30

He still keeps coming daily, threatening that the locksmith and removals team are on their way.

Schedule 12

#6 Re: Car clamped on 2nd bailiff visit

Post by Schedule 12 » 05 Feb 2018 10:57

To stop a bailiff, you must do one of the following:

http://www.dealingwithbailiffs.co.uk/St ... -Fines.htm